"Moment."

I wake up the next morning in my bed. Ma must've carried me up at some point last night.

I don't weigh much, like 165 lbs. Ma has always been pretty strong so it's no surprise that she carried me up.

Reaching over I shut my alarm off and roll out of bed, literally, before heading to the bathroom to shower.

Lately at school I've been sticking to my old outfits: skirts and tanks and stuff but at this point everyone thinks I'm some raging lesbian anyway so I decide to go with my out of school style.

I pull on a pair of black ripped jeans, a black and white baseball shirt, black huaraches, and a black SnapBack.

"That's different." Momma says as I walk into the kitchen.

Pausing I back step," is it bad?"

"No no, you look-"

"Fuckin sweet!" Ma exclaims coming in from the basement.

My eyes snap over to her," really?"

"Yeah you look great."

Smiling I grab an apple out the bag just as my phone goes off.

I pull it out my pocket," heya."

"Hey nerd, mind picking me up?"

"Yeah sure, send me your address I'll be there soon." I tell Liv.

"Will do."

After hanging up I kiss my moms on the cheek before leaving out. It takes a minute for me to get Olivia's text but it comes through so I head over to get her.

"Heyo!" She greets sliding into the car and shutting the door.

I smile at her," hey dude."

"Thanks for picking me up."

"No problem. Why didn't you drive?"

"My mom is using my car today." She says.

Moments later we pull into the school lot. I park by Seth's Jeep and we get out.

"Woah, you look great! I didn't even realize." Olivia says looking at my outfit.

I smile," thanks Liv."

We walk into the school and people turn to look at us. Not everyone at first. But then as one person looks the next person does.

And then the whispers ensue. Olivia and I walk to my locker and I catch bits and pieces of what's being said.

"So she's openly gay now?"

"-why Mia associated with her."

"She's kind of hot-"

I raise my brow at the last comment, turning to look at who said it. It's a girl. There's isn't one girl at this school who isn't homophobic, apart from me and Olivia.

"Did you-"

Olivia nods," yeah I heard it. Believe it or not she's not the only girl at this school who thinks you're hot."

"You've heard other girls say that I'm hot?"

"I've heard almost every girl say you're hot. I'm captain of the soccer team, I'm in the locker rooms fairly often and they talk . . . a lot."

Opening my locker I set my book bag in and grab my books," but they're all so . . . homophobic."

"No no no, they act homophobic because they see everyone else doing it," her eyes fall on someone behind me," even Mia's closest friends are pretending."