"Chill."

I wake up the next morning and stretch. There is nothing like waking up in your own bed. As much as I'm starting to like my new school I miss my bed.

My phone buzzes six times so I reach over and grab it.

'Emerson wake up😒' - Zoie

'We know you're home come over slut😝 and bring your moms!' - Emilia

'What they mean sweet cousin💙 is please come over mom's making breakfast.' - Damien

'Why's everyone so hostile this fine morning?' - Kai

'Shut up Kai, go meditate somewhere!' - Zoie

'😂😂😂 good one!' - Emilia

I respond,' alright losers I'm up. I'll be over soon.'

My phone continues to vibrate as their conversation keeps going.

Getting out of bed I go take a shower, after drying my hair I french braid it to the back, then put on beige jeans, my white Air Force Ones, and a white and grey Nike windbreaker.

I head out the door and over to my moms' room, waiting for a response after knocking, and leaning in.

"Hey guys Ali's making breakfast and wants us to come over."

Ma groans some response out and Momma sits up," alright hun. Why don't you head over we'll meet you there."

"Okay."

I close the door behind me before going downstairs and leaving out. Aunt Ali and Uncle Drew live about twenty minutes away.

When I pull up I hold down on the horn for a minute before getting out. Emilia leans out the door and sticks the middle finger up at me.

Chuckling I jog up the steps and pull her into a hug," hey cuz." I greet.

"Hey babe."

She turns and walks inside ahead of me.

"D!" I exclaim walking over to him and hugging him over the back of the couch.

His hands come up and he hugs me, its an awkward position but there's nothing like showing love.

I'm close with all my cousins, blood related and otherwise. I am a lot closer to Damien and Emilia than the rest though.

When I first realized I liked girls and guys they were the first to know. Damien said "no duh" and Emilia shrugged saying "the way you dress gives it away."

My being an only child drew me even closer to my cousins and they never once made me feel left out even though they have each other. They see me as a sibling rather than a cousin.

"Come sit cuzo." He pats the spot beside him.

One hand on the back of the couch I boost myself up and jump over the back landing in the spot perfectly.

"Whatcha playin?" I ask.

"Mario Kart."

I snatch up the blue PlayStation controller," let me in."

With an amused roll of his eyes he goes back to the main menu and I join the game.

After selecting Yoshi, my favorite character, I set the controller down and go into the kitchen.

"TT!" I exclaim.

At the sound of my voice she glances at me, sets down the plate of hash browns, and comes to hug me.

Her arms wound around my middle and I wrap mine around her neck. She rocks us back and forth for a second.

"How are you mija?" She holds me at arms length.