9

i spent the day with her to try and cheer her up a bit. but her horrible thoughts were never ending. she was stuck in a horrible dark place with no way out. she told me how she felt wasn't because she had no one. it's because she'd done a terrible terrible deed "mariah who? who the hell treated you so horribly!?" i exclaimed as she sobbed. she calmed down and began.

"i met this guy. and he's with someone else. a-and they've been so h-happy. and he came over once to drop me off some food they had. a-and i noticed h-he was drunk. he insisted on...helping me bring it in. then he just came on to me! and it just sucks t-that my best friends boyfriend fucking kissed me a-and i feel so disgusting-" i cut her off. "wait. ryan?" i ask her. "i-i don't wanna cause any conflict!" she stammered. "what? never! i appreciate that you told me! mariah, do you feel that it's your fault?" i ask. she nodded.

"mariah no! he was drunk. he came onto you. it wasn't your fault! don't you dare feel shitty over something you didn't do!" i exclaim. she sniffled and nodded. "i-is it bad that i-i liked it?" she whispered. "completely not. he is a good kisser" i shrugged. i put an arm round her. "see? it was good to get it off your chest. come on, let's go get something to eat" i say. "good idea!"

she ran to josh and pulled at him. "josh we're going to eat come with us now" she said. "mariah i'm b- wait. are you okay?" he asked, awkwardly. "i'm good good now come on!" she begged, like a kid. "fine" he smiled as his daughter and followed us to the car.

after getting some dairy queen and putting a smile on her bipolar face i headed home. i had to speak to Ryan. i got in and saw him splashing cold water on his face. "come on, remember" he mumbled. "what are you doing?" i asked him. he froze. "n-nothing" he said. "ryan i know you were drunk and kissed mariah" i said, rolling my eyes.

"what? w-when?" he asked. "you don't remember? last week you went to drop food off to her and you were drunk and kissed her. wait. you were drunk!?" i bursted out laughing. "you? drunk!? hahaah!" i cackled with glee. "lana what are you on about?"

"okay basically remember last week when we got chinese take out? you went to drop some off to mariah. and you somehow became drunk and kissed her" i said. "yeah i remember us getting take out and getting into my car. after that, nothing else" he said tiredly.

"ryan! you kissed mariah! she's been in agony about it!" i exclaimed. "lana i-i don't remember" he said. "do you heavy drink often?" i asked. "a little" he said quietly. "it's not good for you. here" i gave him a glass of water to calm down. "you'll be okay"