15

today mariah needed to see brendon. they went to the garden and had a private talk. i wanted to hear what they were saying but i didn't want to intrude. but they came back and mariahs eyes were red but she was smiling. brendon had his arm round her and smiled to.

"guess what?" she giggled. "you got laid?" i asked. "she wishes" brendon said. we all cracked up laughing. "i'm asexual" she smiled as brendon let her go. "awesome!" i hugged her and she had another little cry. "my old family would call me such horrible things for being who i was. it feels so good to be accepted" she whispered. "aw! mariah, im always going to be here for you. i struggled with my girl attraction around mine to" i said to her while she sobbed into my arms. "awww!" my parent swooned.

she planned to come out to josh the same day and was buzzing but scared. i told her i'd go with her for support. she spent the day at my house (well, my parents. they wanted me to move back in with them while ryan was away). then i walked her home. josh was with debby. they were playing with jim.

"mariah has a surprise for you!" i exclaimed, happy. "i swear if it's another prank" josh sighed, smiling. "promise! mariah, go!" i pushed her forward. "well..." she started. oh shit. "take your time!" debby insisted, as she went to feed jim. "it's like this..." she couldn't do it! no! she could. "go mariah!" i pushed her slightly. "stop!" she exclaimed. "lana!" josh scolded me. "hey, i'm helping!" i reasoned.

"i-i- ugh! why can't i do this!?" she groaned. mariah was gullible. i had an idea. "what were you gonna tell josh?" i asked. "oh, that i'm asexual- lana!" she screamed. "really? that's all? you scared me!" josh chuckled fondly. "wait. what?" me and mariah said together. "mariah i don't care what your sexuality is, what religion you want to me o-or whatever the hell you wanna do. i'm always going to love you no matter what" josh said casually.

"i am so stupid..." she cringe. "you!? my parents donated over freaking $1000 to LGBTQ+ charities and my dad wrote a song about them yet i was still scared to come out!" i exclaimed. "yeah well your you. i'm...me" she reasoned. "bull crap!"