35

ten years later

time flies f a s t. i'm now 32. me and ryan have been married for ten years now. ava and dylan were 13. we also have another daughter called emma (tammy mcdonald) who's 7 and tyler (zack mcdonald) who is 4.

brendon is 44 HAHAH. oops. but he was still himself. looking 20, bouncing around, making everyone laugh, working hard. also guess what? they have a child! like a real one, not adopted like me. his name is frank and he's nine. brendon was on a year break at that time so they decided to give it a shot. and i honestly was so happy for them. i'd helped them 24/7 through it and they loved and appreciated it.

mariahs daughter was now ten and beautiful. she struggled with ptsd but mariah was gentle and kind and helped her. kieran and matt have a third child called toby. hayley has had another child. a girl called spencer and megan has adopted twins, kenny and felicia, and gave birth to a boy whom she named after her dad, mark. maddie now had three kids: another boy who she's named brendon. she named all her kids after people who have helped her or people she's lost! she is so sweet.

she called him brendon because brendon was so helpful to her during her hardest time. she'd broken my heart and hurt me but he still helped her because i did. and also brendon's angel voice was loved by her other two kids.

i went on a world tour before tyler was born. it was hard but i did it. i released another three albums and some new merch. life is g o o d.

today we were hanging out as a family. tyler was playing with his teddies with emma while me, ryan, ava and dylan played mario kart. it was so much fun. then we got pizza. emma and tyler has fallen asleep while eating. ryan did the job of tucking them in because he's so sweet.

"mom? dad? c-can i talk to you guys?" i had just finished cleaning the living room and ryan was recording me because he's a joker. we were now sitting on the floor talking. ava had come out of her room with dylan. they were holding hands, looking scared.

"sure!" i patted a space next to me and smiled. "you can do it" dylan whispered to her. she nodded nervously. she sat in between me and ryan. "do you guys promise y-you'll still l-love me?" she asked. "of course we love you! we always will!" ryan said kindly.

"i'm converting" she said. i giggled. "lana!" ryan hit me playfully. "look that word makes me laugh okay? i can't help it!" i exclaimed back. "how is converting a funny word?" he asked. "i don't know! but you laugh over the word worm!" i said. ryan started giggling. "see?" we both started to laugh.

"uhhh...guys?" ava! "sorry. you were saying?" i asked. "well...hannah is a very practising muslim and she's really inspired me. shes changed my perspective on the idea of god a-and religion and...i want to be apart of the muslim community and practise with her and pray to a god a-and...that stuff?" she said. "is that okay?"

"you don't need to ask! it's your life and your choices! if you wanna be a muslim then it's fine! you do you! we're always going to love you no matter what your choices are. if this is what you wanna do, then do it" i said. "yeah! the love we have for you will never change. be who you wanna be" ryan said.

ava started to cry. dylan smiles. we gave her a long hug and then she headed to bed. "our kids are awesome" i smiled as she headed upstairs. "they take after me" brendon walked in. "of course" ryan chuckled. "dad!"

i accidentally got into a habit of calling my parents 'mom' and 'dad'. but they didn't mind.

"i heard everything. you guys are doing a great job at parenting" he smiled. "your doing a good job and looking half your age" i added. he chuckled. "i'm going to bed. see ya" ryan kissed my head and headed upstairs. "night!"

"i'm so proud of you lana" brendon said as we sat on the terrace, drinking bourbon. "is that so?" i asked. "yeah! we adopted you while you were in a bad state and you put your full trust in us to give you a good life. we're here today and your happy, healthy and have a family. you fought everything and look now. you got what you deserved" he said.

"i couldn't have without your help. you supported me, loved me, sang to me...even when i was a total asshole" i smiled. "bourbon without me?" sarah was here too. "here mom" i poured her a cup. "thanks" she smiled.

"i'm gonna go to bed" i downed my glass and put it on the table. "leave whenever you want" i yawned. "here" brendon put his glass down and picked me up. "dad, im 32" i giggled. "so? your still my girl and i'm gonna fucking pick you up. you cute ass bitch" he chuckled. "aww!" sarah smiled.

he tucked me into bed, sarah next to him. "your so precious" she mumbled, looking at me. "take after my parents" i smiled. they did to. "we love you. don't forget that ever" brendon said, sitting at the edge of my bed and caressing my cheek. "goof" i mumbled. my parents laughed.

"night" my eyes closed and i fell asleep. "night" brendon kissed my head and they headed out of the room. "what would we do without her?" sarah said. "i can't bear to think. she's so strong" brendon replied, as the door closed.

that word replayed in my head the whole night.

S T R O N G