Chapter 1

Tara's Story, PG-13

By: Hayley Lestri  

Cover made by: XxParamoreRocksxX

The liquid started to pool around my feet as I pounded on the glass that enclosed me. "Let me out!" I cried, to no avail. They wouldn't do anything, I knew. Again, I pondered how I got into this situation. Did I really throw my life away like this for nothing? No, I thought with resolution. This wasn't all for nothing. It was for everyone that I cared about. Everyone that I loved.

The liquid was rising up to my knees and I couldn't help but shriek as it burned my skin. My feet had already gone numb from the pain. I thrashed around as much as I could, and body slammed the walls again, but they still didn't budge.

Was this really the end of me?

The acid reached my waist and I did everything I could to get away from it, but there was no escape. I was trapped. The liquid kept rising consistently and now it was up my abdomen, reaching up to my chest as I screamed in agony.

Were these the last thoughts I would have? Would I ever see my loved ones again, and feel the warmth of sunlight on my skin? The liquid was reaching past my shoulders and started to swirl around my neck. There wasn't much air left in the tube that I was enclosed and I had a feeling I wouldn't be conscious for much longer.

A tear leaked from my eye as the water level grew ever higher. The others were supposed to be coming, I knew they were. It didn't seem that they would come soon enough to save me however. I, Tara Nayeli Welcott, was about to die. Oh, how much I would pay to be able to see the others one last time and say how I loved them. There was no chance to do that now.

Eventually, the acid had filled to the top of the tube, and I was quickly rendered unconscious.

But maybe I should start from the day it began. A day just like any other at the time, but a day that would forever change my life for good.

Chapter 1 (needs re-writing..)

“Get up Tara!” yelled Zevi. “It’s your turn for patrol!” I groaned and snuggled deeper into the covers. Suddenly, a cold wind blew over my skin as he took the blankets away.

“Hey!” I said.

He just smiled with those hazel eyes and short black hair and said, “Time to get up.”

“Jerk.” I said getting up while playfully pushing him. Once I was up, he immediately laid down where I just was and fell asleep. I rolled my eyes at his sleeping bulk and proceeded down the stairs.

I took the stairs four at a time and landed lightly at the bottom to the heavenly scent of breakfast. Bacon, eggs, toast, and the best of all: donuts! I sat down at the table by Conner, Randy, and Ulric. (Ulric is the leader of our pack) After a quick glance at Randy, I noticed he seemed to be falling asleep at the table. It was most likely he’d probably been up for awhile on patrol and would go to bed after this.

Yes, I’m the only girl in a pack of five werewolves. So what? All I care about is the fact none of them have seen me after transforming back into human form, which I considered a great success for the year I’ve been with the pack. I know it’ll happen someday. Just not yet.

Anyways, back to breakfast, we were wolfing (<- ha-ha wolfing, get it?) down food as fast as Ann, (Ulric’s wife) could make it. How we were able to afford all of this food? I didn’t know.

After breakfast, Randy went to bed as I predicted, and Conner and I went out for patrol. According to Ulric, there was this vampire named Isacc we had to look out for.