Chapter 11: Suffering

Chapter 11

"Look at that!" Leon pointed. I turned my head to see a half ruined Castle in the distance and Heartless around it. I had a strong feeling that it was beautiful before, but I didn't know why.

"What happened to it?" I asked.

"We don't know, but we want to restore Hollow Baston to what to it used to be. Who knows, maybe even something better. There's still a lot to do but I'm sure we can handle everything. Except... for that..." Leon trailed off and we looked down even more. We saw two white things wiggling their way to the castle.

"What are those things?" I asked.

"Those are Nobodies." Sora answered. "We can handle 'em."

"So, you know what's going on then?" Leon asked and Sora nodded.

"There's this guy named Pete-" I interrupted him.

"Pete!?" my eyes were wide as plates out of shock, "How did he escape...?"

"Maleficent freed him!" Goofy said.

"What?! Impossible..." I said, shaking my head, "We got rid of her... right?"

"I think that was before we did." Sora said. "Anyway, Pete's been going around plotting with the heartless."

"Here's the thing, the Pete I remember has a smartness level is at the height of stupid." I commented.

"And he still is that way." Sora said.

"Shocker..." I said, sarcastically.

"The ones we need to worry about are the Nobodies." Sora continued explaining.

"And those Organization XIII guys in charge, too!" just as I was about to ask how they know them from Goofy, a deep voice made us all on high alert.

"You called?"

We looked around and me and Sora ran down the stairs away from Leon.

"You're doing well." That voice... it was so familar and I know I've heard it before. I closed my eyes and pictured my lost brother, Isa.

"Big brother! Where are you?" I called out and looked around.

"Who there?" Sora summoned the Kingdom Key.

"This calls for a celebration..." the first deep voice said and suddenly, two Dusks appeared further away from us. Donald and Goofy ran up to them but then I turned to Leon. There were a few Dusks in front of him and he got out his gunblade. I summoned a keyblade. To my surprise, it was the one from Castle Oblivion instead of Rainfell. It was black and dark gray, looked like Sora's, and the keychain charm was my purple wayfinder- Nightfall Key. I ran and chased the Dusks with Sora and with Sora and Leon behind me. We ran up the stairs again and I thought I heard a gate shut.

The three of us stood back to back and got in our fighting stances. We faced eight Dusks around us and started to fight. I was a little rusty and was little slow but soon enough, I was doing somersaults and backflips like my old self, again. I thought maybe I should try my magic and see how Sora was doing.