Chapter 58: A Present From You To Me

We made it back to Halloween Town and saw several Heartless juggling presents.

"Darkness!" I shouted. Several black orbs flew to the Heartless. They destroyed the Heartless and we gathered the presents. That's when the door to the doctor's lab opened and he stared yelling.

"Oh, help! Someone help me! My latest experiment is gone— it's been stolen!" the doctor cried. The doctor told us that someone knocked him out and when he came to, his experiment was gone.

"Maybe the person who stole the experiment, is the same one stole the presents!" Jack said.

"You think so?" Sora asked.

"Worth a shot." I shrugged. We devised a plan and headed back to Christmas Town. 

Have you found the thief?" Santa asked.

"Almost, Mr. Claws!" Jack said. Jack told Santa his plan. At first, he wasn't sure about, but agreed this once. Our plan was; create a bunch of fake presents as bait, find a place to set the trap and then wait. We finished making the presents. Now the only problem left was to find a good enough place. Santa lead us outside to a plaza that was perfect.

"Jack... what exactly IS your plan?" Santa asked.

"I've got it all figured out." Jack said.

"You do..." Santa said, not convinced.

"Of course! And I also have a wonderful idea. If we catch the thief for you, I would be honored to deliver the—" Me and Sora cut him off by covering his mouth.

"And on that note, we'll be going." Sora said.

"We'll try not to be long sir." I told Santa. We all pushed Jack to the plaza and saw a very large present. We all hopped in and closed it. Needless to say, it wasn't comfortable.

"Stop kicking!" Donald shouted.

"It's not me, Donald." Goofy said.

"Patience, friends." Jack said.

"Hush!" I exclaimed.

"I said cut it out!" Donald snapped.

"Gawrsh, was that you?" Goofy asked.

"How come we have to be the bait?" Sora asked.

"Good plan, eh?" Jack asked.

"I hope this thief shows up soon, because I can't take much more of this." I said.

"Ouch!" Donald shouted. We went silent the second we heard clanging. It got closer and closer. The second it was right in front of us we jumped up, opening the present.

"Gotcha!" Sora said. That's when we saw it was some kind of machine.

"Dr. Finklestein's experiment did it!" Jack exclaimed. The experiment was strong and tricky. Whenever we manage to knock a body part off, that part became independent and attacked us along with the rest of the body. And when we'd dismantle it completely, all the body parts would attack. Then it would put itself back together in a different way. I pointed my Keyblade at.

"Diamond Dust!" I shouted. Thousands of tiny icicles hit the experiment. It fell to the ground and vanished. Santa rode in on his sleigh into the plaza.

"Did you catch the thief?" Santa asked.

"Naturally!" Jack said.

"It seems his moving puppet that was the thief." I said.

"I just can't figure out... why the doctor's experiment would go around stealing Christmas presents." Sora said.

"Hmm... The doctor's made a moving puppet? I see... He is always tinkering with things. Now listen, Jack. I'd like to thank you, and while delivering presents is something only I can do, I can give you an idea of what it's like." Glee lit up Jack's face. He hopped in the sleigh and took off. "Yes, all that puppet wanted was a heart." Santa said. A puppet...

"Possibly want it's own identity..." That did remind me of the Rikupelica from Castle Oblivion. I looked down with much sadness and grief.

"Sis...?" I ignored Sora and walked forward.

We went back to Halloween Town and explained to the doctor. He explained that he hadn't given the puppet a heart like Sally. He wasn't too upset about the puppet.

"Still, why steal presents if it wanted a heart?" Sora asked.

"Maybe because... presents are a way to give your heart to someone special." Sally said.

"That makes a lot of sense. I feel bad for the puppet." I said with a sigh. That's when Jack appeared out of the sky and snow started to fall.

"What a nice present." Sally said. Jack was confused, but Sally explained what a present was.

"Ah yes. Santa asked me to give these to you." Jack said. He held out 3 small presents. "1 was from him to 2 little girls and the other was given to him to give to you." 1 was Amara's name on, another said Kiyoko, and the other had mine. We left Halloween Town and headed off. I decided to wait and open them, especially since one was for Amara and Kiyoko. A sudden wave of worry washed over me. I looked out the window; I hope they were okay...