Chapter 13: Doubts

Chapter 13

Piri's POV

I giggled as I ran to the water of the pond near camp. Swimming was one thing I loved to do back on the Islands. I let down my hair from the bun and I was about to shed my towel, which was around my body, but then...

"Piri, what are you doing?" I jumped and turned around. It was just Mushu, crossing his arms.

"Mushu, don't scare me like that!" I scolded, "And I'm going to wash up. I stink!"

"Oh no your not!" he said, getting on my shoulder, "I just bailed Mulan out of a jam! I'm not biting anymore butts."

"Uh... 'kay then..." I picked him up and put him on the ground. "You can keep watch!"

"All you girls are the same." he commented and I glared at him. He looked at me. "But fine..."

"Can you turn around so I can take this off?" I said and he did. I hung the towel on the tree and dived in. I came up for air. I ignored the rant the little dragon threw at me.

"It will be fine, Mushu!" I told him, "If anything happens, go get Sora."

I went back underwater and swam, holding my breath. I could hold my breath for long periods of time, thanks to Tidus and Wakka's Blitz Ball games. Oh, the memories...

I came up for air and stared up the stars. I giggled as I thought about that one hot day. I'd say me and Riku were maybe thirteen. We were playing Blitz Ball with Sora and Wakka- Tidus was sick that day. Anyway, I got too hot and and passed out. I remember I woke up in the waterfall and Riku was cooling me off. He was saying something but I didn't hear it. I was just blushing and staring at him.

I missed Riku so much. I hope he hasn't giving up on me like blackberry said. I closed my eyes and felt the gentle breeze in my hair. I shivered and ducked down under one last time. I was truly a water rat of what Satoshi called it.

After a while, I got out of the water and dried of. Mushu was no where to be found.

"Mushu?" I wrapped my towel around me and leaned against the tree. "Hey, where did you go?"

"Well hello there young lady!" I gasped and prayed it was just in my head. I looked around the tree to see Yao and skinny. I gulped at this.

"Uh, Hi... I guess."

"I'm Ling!" skinny said, "Who are you?"

"R-Reese..." I couldn't let them know my real name. Piri does sound like Pyro.

"I'm Yao." he flexed his muscles. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh... I'm here to... uh..." I gulped.

"Oh, look at her hair!" Yao came closer and I stepped back. "It's okay, i won't hurt you. Can I feel you hair?"

"Uh..." I was creeped out, "Sure?"

I flinched as he did. Ling toke some a sniffed it. "It smells like blueberries!"

"Huh? Do I really-?" Yao took my hand.

"Flawless skin, too." I gasped and pulled away from both of them.