Chapter 36: Sora's Truth

We managed to catch up to Aladdin just as he caught Abu.

"If you can't control that little fur ball... put him on a leash!" the peddler exclaimed.

"Look, I'm sorry..." He bent down to Abu. "You should be ashamed of yourself, Abu." Aladdin said. Abu reductively handed the item back to Aladdin. It was a black oil lamp. Aladdin gave the lamp back to the peddler who then went on his way. "Abu!" Abu took notice of us and ran to us. I knelt down enough to where he could climb onto my shoulder. "Hey guys, sorry about earlier. I was kinda in a hurry."

"That's okay." I said.

"Who's this? This girl is new..." Aladdin asked, looking at my Darkside.

"Oh! My apologies, I'm Yami... Nice to meet you." She politely said, "You must be Aladdin." He nodded.

"What happened?" Sora asked.

"You know Abu. He couldn't keep his paws off that lamp." Abu jumped off my shoulder and started screeching and jumping around. "No talking your way out of this one!" Aladdin said. Everyone laughed, but I didn't. Abu was scared about something. I didn't think he'd steal a lamp for no reason.

"Aladdin, Jasmine's worried about you. She said you've been sad and going into town a lot." Yami said.

"I guess there's no fooling her, huh? See, Genie and Carpet took off to see the world. It's what Genie wanted and I wish him the best, but..." Aladdin said.

"You miss him." Goofy said.

"Man, things must be REALLY quiet with Genie gone." Sora said.

"Aladdin, I know how it feels to miss someone so much that your heart hurts everyday." I said.

"Yeah. I mean, Genie was one of the only friends I had besides Abu. He helped me get out of my old life and helped me with Jasmine." Aladdin said. I happened to look behind me and saw Iago shaking.

"Iago, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Iago?!" Aladdin exclaimed.

"Oh, right... He wants to apologize for all the trouble he caused." Sora said.

"Oh, does he?" Aladdin asked.

"Gawrsh, he's so sorry, he's shakin'!" Goofy said.

"I don't think that's why Goofy..." I said.

"What's wrong, Iago?" Yami asked.

"Th-th-that lamp!" Iago stammered.

"What about it?" Aladdin asked.

"It was THE lamp! The one I was trapped in!" Iago exclaimed.

"You mean the one that we trapped Jafar in?" I asked.

"Yes! There's NO WAY I'd mistake it for another lamp!" Iago screeched.

"We better go talk to that peddler." Aladdin said.

"We're right behind you!" Sora said. We went back to the peddler's shop. When we asked how much he wanted for the lamp, he said he wanted treasure worthy of a sultan. How in the world were we suppose to get that? We couldn't just go to the palace and ask for some from the treasure room. The only other place we could find treasure was... the Cave of Wonders. That was the only place we would find treasure and not get arrested. Carpet gave us a lift to the desert. There we found the Guardian.

"This place still gives me the creeps." I said. We made our way through the cave when we came to a room with statues lining the walls. I the middle of the room, floated a large pink gem. Abu, not being able to keep myself from grabbing anything that wasn't nailed down, jumped up and grabbed the gem. Suddenly, the whole room shook. I then noticed the statues had anger on their faces. Shard of ice mysteriously formed in the air and fell. Several almost hit Abu. I Picked up Abu and headed to the pedestal that was at the end of the room. Abu placed the gem into the slot on the pedestal and everything became calm. We soon came to a large treasure room.