Chapter 57: Present Delivery... Or Theft?

We were in the Hinterlands of Halloween Town. I looked and saw presents scattered everywhere.

"What in the world?" I wondered. That's when Jack appeared in view, picking up the presents and he was still wearing the Santa suit.

"Perfect timing, lady and gentlemen! Lend me a hand, won't you? These presents must belong to Sandy Claws. So I thought I'd better return them." Jack said. I looked at Sora and he wasn't convince either.

"You just happened to find them?" Sora asked, not convinced.

"I'm having a little trouble believing that Jack.." I said.

"Of course, Piri. You and Sora know I've given up on the Christmas fantasies." Jack insisted.

"But... You thought you'd hold on to the suit?" Sora asked.

"What, this? It's just a costume. And Sally worked so very hard making it! Come on. We've got work to do!" Jack said. We stepped into the portal that led to Christmas Town. When we got there, I saw my clothes were different from before, but I didn't take time to look at them.

"My clothes are always changing. I wonder why?" I wondered aloud.

"Your clothes change depending on world we are in or if you use a form, like Valor or wisdom." Well, what Sora was true... We went to Santa's house and saw him checking his list. He saw the presents we had and was relieved to see we had them.

"Wherever did you find these?" Santa asked.

"In Halloween Town. You'll be needing them for Christmas, right, Sandy?" Jack said.

"Of course. But these are just a few of the Christmas presents that were stolen." Santa said. Someone stole the presents?!

"Stolen?!" me and Sora exclaimed. That's when we looked at Jack.

"Oh, Sandy... You don't think it was ME?" Jack asked.

"Still wearing the outfit, I see." Santa said.

"I just thought I'd dress for the occasion. But if you don't believe me, then we'll just have to find out who really did it!" Jack declared. The four of us looked at Jack like he was crazy. We didn't even know who to suspect yet.

"Very well, I'll leave it to you." Santa said.

"All right, Sora! Piri! Donald! Goofy!" Jack said. We all hung our heads. That's when the sound of shattering glass came from the workshop. We hurried into the gift wrapping room and saw the troublesome trio going through several toys.

"This looks good." Barrel said.

"No!" Shock snapped.

"Boooring!" Lock complained.

"Hey!" I yelled. The 3 of them turned to see us and flinched.

"So YOU 3 took them!" Sora exclaimed.

"Took what?" Shock said.

"You stole the presents, didn't you!" Jack accused.

"It wasn't us!" Lock exclaimed.

"But..." Barrel said.

"It really sounds like fun!" Shock said.

"Run for it!" the 3 yelled. We managed to catch all of them. We asked them again, but I could tell they didn't know a thing about stolen presents. They explained they had come to Christmas Town looking for parts for an experiment that the doctor was working on. We decided to head back to Halloween Town ask the doctor if he knew anything about it.