Chapter 32: Promises From The Past

I overheard we were heading to Isla de Muetra from Sora, who was telling her. The Mage who I doesn't trust at all. I sighed looking up at the stars. What would Riku do?

"Piri, I really am sorry..." I heard Yami's voice behind me and growled, refusing to turn around, "Even if you don't believe me-"

"You may have the other guys fooled but don't think you can fool me." I said murderously. "If you hurt them, any move out of line, you will meet your end... One way or another," I turned around finally. "Do you understand?" She gulped and nervously nodded. "I'm not going to ask you to promise because I know how you are: You're most likely going to break it so why bother?"

Yami sighed and climbed down. I pretty much got over my fear of being alone; I'm getting used to it. Sora's soft voice which made me gasp and turned to see him climb into the nest.

"Please, leave me alone! I'll hurt you..." I moved to the opposite side but he just followed me. "Please, I don't want to hurt you!"

He shook his head, "I know you won't hurt me, not on purpose anyway! People tend to lose it sometimes, especially if someone else pushes you..."

"I seem to lose it all the time! I let my emotions take control." I looked away from him, "I think... I should just shut them off-"

"Don't!" Sora covered my mouth with both of his hands. "You don't realize you thought me so much the last couple of journeys. One, to follow your heart and two, never let it be a prison. It may haven't been directly but... Sis, please don't let it be a prison. It's something you should never shut off."

"But, every time I do follow it, someone gets hurt. I could care less about me but others... well..."

"...Tell you what, face it later." I looked up.

"Does that work?"

"Dunno... Just try it. It might help you out." He shrugged.

"Okay, I guess it wouldn't hurt..." I small smiled. "So when are we gonna land?" Just as I asked that, we heard Goofy.

"Land ho!"

He held out his hand, "Let's go save Will." I smiled and nodded, "And another thing; don't lose your heart, you know what I mean?"

I tilted my head, "I guess?"

"Not by the heartless- though I suggested not anyway- but lose it by default from shutting it out." My mouth formed an 'o' and I nodded.

"Okay, I get it!" I nodded with a straight face and he pouted. He pinched my cheeks and made it to where I was smiling, more like grinning. I laughed and swatted his hand away. "Heh, hey! Knock it off!"

"And remember our promise!"

"Gee, thanks for the conference Sora!" I said and we laughed.

We got down and for some reason Yami disappeared in my shadow. Sora shrugged and said, "For convenience?"

"I don't know..." I shrugged and we hurried to find Will. We found them at the deepest part of the cave.

"Ahoy! Treasure, mateys!" Sora exclaimed. Was Sora really wanting to put on the pirate act now? The cursed pirates charged at us, but I had enough. I knocked all of the pirates away myself.

"Enough of this!" I said.

"I can never thank you enough, Piri." Will said.

"Your my friend Will. Please, call me Reese." I said.

"Uh, where's Jack?" Goofy asked. We looked to see he was sword fighting with Barbossa. They seemed even, until Jack's sword was knocked down and Barbossa ran him through.

"Jack!" Sora exclaimed.

"No!" I exclaimed.

"You're a fool, Jack Sparrow." Jack stumbled into the view of moonlight and turned skeleton-like. He had managed to grab a piece of the Aztec gold. I snickered; Thank goodness he was a pirate. "Show yourself, Pete! The tides have changed." Barbossa said. Pete appeared with a lizard-like Heartless. It would shroud the area in darkness, which would keep Barbossa from being attacked. I decided to do something about that. I raise Nightfall Key into the air.

"Light shine bright!" I shouted. I shot a sphere of light, that took the shape of a small moon, and slightly illuminated the cave. Enough to where we destroyed the Heartless and defeated Barbossa.

"This ain't over!" Pete yelled. He ran off.

"Really? Because you're the one running away like a scared cat with it's tail in-between its legs." I said. Donald and Goofy laughed while Sora lightly slapped me on the back.

"Nice one." Sora said, laughing. I smirked and slapped his back too, a little too hard. He fell face first into ground and he laughed at me. I covered my mouth and laughed.

"I am that strong?"

"Right! Care to surrender, Barbossa?" Barbossa drew his sword. Jack sighed "Well, enough of this, then..." Jack tossed his sword to the ground. Then, he drew a gun. "What say you we call it- a draw?" Jack asked.

"Jack, how many times do I have to tell ya-" Barbossa said. He threw something to Will and shot the evil pirate.

"Laugh while you can, Barbossa!" Will exclaimed. Will dropped the last 2 pieces of the cursed gold into the chest. Suddenly Barbossa staggered and gripped his chest.

"I feel... cold." Barbossa said. With that, he fell to the ground. We went back outside to see Elizabeth waiting. She ran to Will and hugged him. I smiled at this sight.

"I'm happy for them." I said.

"Yep." Sora said. I happen to turn and see Sora's face was red.

"Sora, are you getting sick?" I asked.

"Huh?" Sora asked.

"Your face is all red." Goofy said. Sora started to panic.

"What? It is not red!" Sora exclaimed. It only took me a second to realize why.

"Aw, I know who you're thinking about." Donald teased.

"You're thinking of Kairi, aren't you Sora?" I asked, teasing him. He tried to hide his blush while the 3 of us laughed. He pouted.

"What if I teased you about Riku?" He asked and I shrugged. His mouth hit the ground. "Aw come on! I can't even tease you about that!"

I smirked and crossed my arms. "Well, can't be as bad as the girly briefs."

Sora blushed brighter and we laughed. Suddenly, Jack's compass started to glow. Me and Sora unlocked the new road and set out shortly after.