Chapter 53: Yellow Eyes

We were back in Port Royal, my favourite world and, no, not because of the rum... Okay, one of the reasons! That's when we were hearing echoes of something.

"That's coming from the port." Goofy said.

"Let's check it out." Sora said. We headed to the port and saw several cursed pirates. "Jack!"

"Uh... Zola, Pini, some assistance!" Jack called.

"That's SORA, PIRI, Donald and Goofy!" Sora corrected.

"Will you leave a mate to perish?" Jack asked in a dramatic way.

"Aye aye..." I said. We dealt with the cursed pirates. "What's going on, Jack?!"

"Some scallywag must have gotten greedy." Jack said. We gave him a look. "I see... you don't trust me."

"Not entirely." I said.

"Wise choice. After all, I am a pirate." Jack said.

"Sora! Piri!" a voice yelled. We looked to see Elizabeth, who had a frantic look on her face.

"Elizabeth!" Sora exclaimed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Will! He went out to Isla de Muerta to check on the cursed chest and he hasn't come back!" Elizabeth said. Jack started walking away, but I stopped him.

"Jack, you're the one with a ship and we need to set sail now, savvy?" I said. After a bit of persuasion, we boarded the Black Pearl and sent sail. Jack wasn't thrilled about the idea, but we needed to help Will. After an encounter with several cursed pirates, we found ourselves getting closer to Isla de Muerta.

"Interceptor off the starboard bow!" Goofy called. We all looked and saw the Interceptor. That's when I spotted Will slumped over the side of the ship.

"Will!" Elizabeth exclaimed. We got close enough to where we could pull Will on to the ship. We brought him down to the captain's quarter's and after a while, he came to.

"What happened?" Donald asked.

"The medallions... and... the stone chest—someone's taken them... Next thing I knew, we were attacked... but I couldn't see who it was—his face was shrouded... in a black hood." Will said.

"The Organization!" Sora said.

"We found a way out of the cave... but the villain sent a horde of terrible creatures after us... I've never seen faces like theirs before... I think I'm the only one who made it back to the ship..." Will said. Then he fell unconscious again.

"Our turn, guys." Sora said.

"You'd best be prepared. We've no idea what's out there." Elizabeth said.

"Pardon me, lads and lasses, but your captain will have no monsters today. Thank ye. We're turning for home." Jack said.

"Are you serious, mate? Just like that?" I asked.

"Just like that!" Of course he was chickening out. Sometimes I wondered if he had a courageous bone in his body. We went back up to the deck and noticed an uninvited person was there along with the stone chest. "Don't remember invitin' you." Jack said.

"So it was the Organization! We'll take it from here!" Sora said.

"The Darkness of men's hearts—drawn to these cursed medallions; and this Heartless—a veritable maelstrom of avarice: I wonder, are they worthy to serve Organization XIII?" the unknown asked. A large Heartless appeared behind him.

"And you want an answer now?" Jack asked.

"Precisely!" the unknown said. He disappeared, leaving the Heartless for us to deal with. I jumped on its head, propelled myself up, grabbed a rope and swung around and hit it with my feet, knocking it overboard into the water.

"Oh boy!" Donald exclaimed.

"Nice move, Piri!" Sora said.

"We're not done yet!" I said. The man had come back. He removed his hood to reveal he had platinum blond hair that was very short and worn in a Caesar cut, and he had blue eyes. He also had facial hair, a goatee with the same blond color as his hair. He wore five silver piercings on his ears; four helix piercings in the form of two hoops on each ear and one piercing shaped like the Nobody symbol dangling from one earlobe. The latter piercing hung from his left ear in-game and his right in some artwork, indicating that both earlobes are pierced.

"I am Luxord." he said. My grip on my Keyblade tightened.

"Throw him overboard!" Jack ordered.

"Aye aye!" Sora agreed.

"Parley!" Luxord declared. I growled at this; he freaking called it!

"Then name your terms before I kill you over!"

"Barley?" Goofy asked.

"It's a bit of a pirate's code. Anyone who evokes 'parley' must not be harmed til negotiations are complete." Jack said.

"This is no time for rules!" Sora said.

"True. But as we're honorable pirates we should always stick to the Code. Right, Piri?" Jack said and I nodded.

"I surrender the chest with my humblest apologizes." Luxord said. That was too easy.

"Rather accommodating of you, mate. And for that you want...?" Jack asked.

"Just a few souvenirs... for the memories." Luxord said. He grabbed 5 medallions and threw one each to a Nobody.

"Oh, no! We can't stop the curse unless we got all the medallions!" Goofy exclaimed.

"Our friend is about to learn what it means to cross a pirate." Jack said. That's when the Heartless from before sprang out of the water, but its entire appearance had changed. "Sora! Piri! Donald! Goofy! He's yours!" Before we could attack the Heartless, it swung it scythe, creating a huge whirlwind and Sora was about to be hit by the most of it.

"Sora! Look out!" I blocked him for the wind and it knocked us on to the Interceptor.

"Fire!" Luxord exclaimed. All the cannons on the side facing us fired and destroyed the Interceptor. I fell under the water and I couldn't move. The attack somehow had paralyzed me. As I looked up and the light of the moon, I wondered if I would drown. My vision went black, but not before I saw Sora swimming furiously toward me and pulling me up toward the surface. Something was weird though. I could easily think that the darkness of the water made Sora's hair look black, but that didn't explain why his eyes were yellow.