Chapter 64: The Bond and Love Between Friends

Naminé and Lumina led them down flights of stairs, trying not to be detected. However, as they ran, Naminé's and Lumina's form began fuzzing up. Before any of the girls could ask, they stopped. They soon realized why as there 2 Berserk Nobodies and Saïx blocking their path.

"I'm sorry, but leaving is not an option." Saïx said. Saïx held out his hand. "I'll take you to Sora and Piri." Everyone took a step back. "You don't want that?"

"I wanna see mama." Amara answers.

"I do. More than anything. But not with you around." Kairi said. Each one of them got into the position to fight except Amara. She was cradling Kiyoko.

"If I had a heart, this would be where I die of laughter." Saïx mocked.

"Kairi!" Said a voice.

"Stay low, my little Ocean." Another voice said.

That when both Berserk Nobodies suddenly vanished. Saïx knew who it was, despite his face being hidden. "You... Didn't Roxas and Irix take care of you?"

"You can take it from here, Riku." Lumina said. Kairi looked at the Nobody, wanting to make sure she heard her right. A blackette came with an elderly woman who had a keyblade.

"GranGran! Yami!" Amara ran up to them.

"Hold on, Riku?" Kairi exclaimed. Kairi looked at the hooded man. The Keyblade disappeared from the man's hand as he shot a Dark Firaga toward Saïx. Even though Saïx dodged it, the man grabbed him and pushed him against a wall. Saïx however escaped through a portal and the man went to follow him. "Wait!" The man paused. Before he could take a step forward, both Stitch and Pluto backed him from the portal. "Riku... you're really here..." Kairi removed his hood, but instead of Riku, she saw Ansem, Xehanort's Heartless.

~

My POV

We made our way through the castle and came to the Hall of Empty Melodies. I heard Saïx's voice.

"Sora... Piri... you've done well." Saïx said. We looked up to see him.

"What have you done with my babies!?" I demanded.

"Where's Kairi? Where's Irix?" Sora asked.

"Irix is already a dusk, however, I assume they're catching up with their friend from the darkness." Saïx said.

"What do you mean?" Sora asked.

"They don't need you anymore." Saïx said.

"Like we'll believe that." I said.

"Well, you don't have to... But you can believe this. Organization XIII has further use for either of you... Just look there. Our Kingdom Hearts... Thanks to you both, we've collect countless hearts... Can you hear there euphoria?" Saïx asked.

"That's not Kingdom Hearts and you know it!" I exclaimed.

"Hmph. All they need now is one last helping from their Seeress!" Saïx exclaimed. He snapped his fingers and multiple swarms of Heartless appeared.

"Sora! Piri!" a voice called. We looked up and saw 2 girls. It was Kairi and Yami!

"Guys, thank goodness you are okay!" Yami exclaimed, happily.

"Kairi! Yami!" Sora exclaimed. Heartless came from behind us and jumped on us. I could hear Kairi's voice.

"You leave Sora and Pirri alone!" Kairi yelled. I couldn't hear what else was going on.

~

Mickey's POV

I hurried through the castle, trying to locate Ansem the Wise. I soon saw 3 Dusks hovering over someone. I came got rid of them and made sure the person was alright. It was DiZ! He slowly lifted himself up and removed the bandages covering his face. It was Ansem the Wise.

"It's been too long, my friend." Ansem said.

"Ansem the Wise. Why didn't you come to me before things got so bad?" I asked.

"Xemnas, the Organization's Superior, is the Nobody of Xehanort, my foremost apprentice. The burden was mine to bear." Ansem said.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"I won't deny there was more." Ansem said.

"You won't?" a voice asked. We both turned to see Amara, who was holding Kiyoko.

"Amara! I'm glad to see you and Kiyoko aren't hurt." I said.

"Yeah." She then looked to Ansem. "What else was there?"

"I was... obsessed with thoughts of revenge. My apprentices stole everything precious to me— my research, and my pride." Ansem said.

"I can't help you with revenge." I said.

"I can't either."

"I know. Riku's told me a thousand times." Ansem said.

"Where's your dad?" I asked.

"With Mama and the others." She said.

"Riku was a great help to me. I found him wandering the darkness, after you, the others and he lost track of each other." Ansem said.

"Gosh, we didn't exactly lose each other. Riku left... well, 'cause Xehanort's Heartless was still inside his heart, troubling him. And he sure must've been suffering. But what I don't understand is why he looks like that now, when he's Riku at heart..." I said.

"I am to blame." Ansem said.

"How?" The the girl asked.

"When I met Riku the first time he still had the appearance of a boy. Probably because he had such a strong heart. I asked him to find a young man named Roxas and a young woman named Irix from Organization XIII, and bring them to me. When I told him it would help wake Sora and Piri from their slumber, Riku left without a word. He fought Roxas and Irix. And I can only surmise Riku lost that fight. Riku must have realized: to fight in the realm of darkness, he would have to immerse himself in that same darkness. And when he did... you both saw what became of him. When Riku brought Roxas and Irix to me, he was introducing himself... as Ansem. If that's what it took to awaken his friend and the girl he loved, he was ready to live in darkness. Riku was the victim of my revenge. ...Oh, how my heart ached. I could only laugh to hide my shame." Ansem said.

"I guess it musta been after that when I saw Riku again. He said we wanted to help Sora and Piri... but he made all of us promise— Promise that Sora and Piri wouldn't ever find out about what happened to him while he was out in the darkness." I said.

"One thing doesn't make sense, though. You told him, me and everyone else involved that mommy would never wake up." Amara said.

"Yes. I was as surprised as everyone else when the rogues told me. I never would have told anyone horrible news such as that. if I didn't believe it myself. Especially Riku. When I told him the first time, the pained and destroyed look in his eyes caused me to try and find a way, but I could not." Ansem said.

"Then, how did she wake up? Was it Irix and Amara reuniting with her?" I asked. Ansem shook his head.

"They reuniting with her was only the final push she needed. Really what did it, was love." Ansem said.

"Love?" Amara asked.

"The love she has for Riku, Sora, Kairi, those she's lost, everyone around her and the love they all have for her. That was what helped her awaken. Unknowingly, everyone who cares for her called out to her in their hearts. Those calls are what brought her soul from the realm of darkness and allowed her to awaken." Ansem said.

"Gosh, I never thought the bond between Piri and everyone else was that strong." I said.

"Love is the greatest power of all Mickey." Amara said.

"But wait, Amara's Reese's heartless! Is it the love that brought her back?"

"That, I am not sure myself... but perhaps even so. My friend, the time has come. I must make amends to these young people." Ansem said. He picked up the strange machine he had and began walking. I helped him while Amara walked next to me.