Chapter 24: Highway to Hell

AN It's really funny to think of a song and using it for a title. I don't own anything but my OCs.

*

Piri's POV

This place was dark and semi bone chilling. Where were we? Snowy coward behind me. "It's okay, girl!"

"Are ya sure this is the coliseum?" Goofy asked. I knew for sure it wasn't.

"It's that way!" Donald said. I looked to where he was pointing. We saw stairs that was glowing bright. Vulpix ran for it.

"Snowy!" I ran after her until we heard screaming. We all stopped and turned to a woman, who was running from dog-like heartless. However, the woman tripped over a rock and crowded her.

"Snowy, use your ice beam to scare them off!" I said and she shot the beam, scaring them off. "Thanks, Snowy! I owe you one."

"Vul!" She jumped into my arms.

Sora knelt down and held his hand out for the girl.

"Thanks, but... I'm fine." When she saw us, her demeanor changed. She dusted her Greek style dress off. "And who are you supposed to be?"

"I'm Sora. This is Donald and Goofy." Sora said.

"I'm Piri and this is my partner, Snowy." I held her up, "We came to see Herc!"

"You know Wonderboy?" the woman asked.

"Yeah, 'cause we're heroes, too!" Donald exclaimed.

"Ya mean junior heroes, Donald." Goofy corrected. Donald frowned at Goofy's correction.

"Looks like we have a friend in common. Name's Megara. My friends call me Meg." the woman said. Meg explained that she was going to talk to Hades and get him to give Hercules a break from fighting. We decided to do that for her. We went toward where Hades' lair was. Soon we came to an area above a large green lake. Even from this height, I could see the lake was made from the souls of the dead. A certain one grabbed my attention... I looked closer and gasped; Mom! Her voice was faint but I did hear it:

"Isao... You did protect me!"

I teared up and looked at Snowy, who was looking up at me. "Vul..."

"We'll find dad... and I'll tell him your message, mom."

Donald was scared out of his wits.

"I'm scared too, Donald." Goofy said.

"Hades, come out!" Sora called. While I wasn't afraid of the so called 'Lord of the Dead', I felt this strange heavy presence around all of us since we arrived down here.

I heard Hades yell something at someone up ahead. Then I heard fighting. We came into the room to see Hades fighting someone.

"Hades!" Donald exclaimed. He looked at us with annoyance.

"You again?" Hades asked, annoyed. The guy slashed at Hades and briefly spoke to us.

"Fight!" the man said. Hades knocked the man to the ground. I jumped in front of him to keep Hades back.

"Get up!" Sora cried. When we each made a contact with Hades with our weapons, it was as if a barrier was around the immortal. I seen Snowy was getting weaker and returned her to he ball.

"Something's wrong!" Donald exclaimed.

"I feel different..." I said.

"That's right! See, that's the thing. In the Underworld, heroes are zeroes-comes with the territory." Hades said. Hades lunged at us, but the mysterious man stopped him.

"Go now!" the man exclaimed.

"But we've gotta talk to Hades!" Sora said. Hades plugged his ears.

"What was that?" Hades asked. Sora went to attack Hades, but both me and the man grabbed him.

"Sora, something about the Underworld is draining us. We can't fight here!" I said.

"Listen to your friend! We have to go-now!" the man hurried down the stairs. Me and Sora closed the doors to the chamber.

"Is he gone?" Donald asked.

"No, 'you're never alone in hell' or so Light always saws." She summoned her keyblade and looked around.

"Leaving so soon?" Hades asked. After having fought the Heartless Hades sent and fending him off, we managed to get away. All of us, but the man, collapsed panting.

"You're really go. Are you some kind of hero?" Sora asked. The man sadly shook his head.

"No, I'm no hero... I'm just an..." the man said.

"A what?" I asked.

"Auron." We looked confused. "My name." the man said. We got up.

"I'm Sora." Sora said. Donald hopped on top of Sora's back.

"Donald." Donald said. Then, Goofy hopped on top of Donald's back.

"Goofy!" Goofy said. Sora tried to push our 2 friends off him, but instead they all fell to the ground. I smirked, quite amused by them.

"Piri," I said.

"Are you their guardian?" I shook my head. "Perhaps you need one." Auron said.

"Guardian? Thanks, but no thanks." Sora said. We hurried toward where we had originally come in, only to find the door locked. That's when I noticed the lock holding the chains. Nightfall Key and Kingdom Key appeared in my and Sora's hands.

"Will those open it?" Auron asked.

"Yeah. I believe so." I said. A fierce roar echoed behind us. "Hurry!" Out of the shadows, appeared the 3-headed hell-hound Cerberus. Sora and I pointed our Keyblades at the locked and unlocked it. Donald and Goofy pushed open the large, rock-like door. Only Donald and Goofy went through. Sora and I turned to see Auron was in a bit of trouble.

"Sora! Piri, wait!" Donald yelled. We ran back to Auron's side. A barrier separated us from our friends as we engaged in combat with the guardian of the Underworld.