Chapter 27: Terra's Lingering Will

The world we came to next was Disney Castle. Mickey, Donald and Goofy's home. I wondered how Minnie and Daisy were. The last time I saw them was at the Dream Festival 11 years ago with Aqua. We landed in the gummi hanger and I instantly felt something was wrong. I felt a dark presence. Donald and Goofy felt something was wrong too.

"This is your castle... Must be nice to be back home, huh?" Sora asked. I picked up on the slight sadness in Sora's voice. He missed the islands. I did too. "Well?"

"Ya know, somethin' just don't feel quite right..." Goofy said.

"Yeah." Donald said. I heard scurrying and saw 2 chipmunks. It was Chip and Dale!

"You're back!" Chip exclaimed.

"Move it! Let's go!" Dale exclaimed.

"Queen Minnie needs to see you!" Chip said.

"The castle's in danger! Hurry! To the library!" Dale said. What did they mean by 'danger'? We went up the hanger stairs and outside into the garden. It was beautiful. Just as we started for the doors, Heartless started popping up.

"Wak!" Donald exclaimed.

"What are Heartless doing here?" Goofy asked. Now I knew something was wrong. We fought our way through to the library. We entered the library to see Minnie. Donald saluted.

"Your Majesty! Queen Minnie! We're back!" Donald announced. She was overjoyed to see Donald and Goofy were back.

"You're here!" Minnie said.

"You Royal Highness, did ya happen to summon us?" Goofy asked.

"Yes." Minnie said.

"Where's the king?" Sora asked. I face-palmed myself. Did Sora have no respect for higher authority? I grabbed his hood and pushed him down.

"I'm so sorry, Minnie. This is Sora." I said. That's when Minnie recognized me along with Sora.

"Oh! Piri, Sora! The King told me all about you in his letters. He said you're a very brave young man." Sora smiled Minnie's comment. "And Piri, the King told me what an amazing young woman you've become." Minnie said. I felt flattered now too.

"So, do you know where he is?" Sora asked. She shook her head no. We all sighed, hoping that Mickey would've told his own wife where he was.

"Your Majesty, what are the Heartless doing in your castle?" Donald asked.

"Oh my... So those are the Heartless." Minnie said.

"With a little elbow grease, we can take care of them!" I smiled reassuringly.

"I know I can count on you all, Piri. Now, there's something I'd like all of you to come and see. Would you please escort me to the audience chamber?" Minnie asked. We all saluted and she suddenly gasped.

"I forgot to warn everyone else in the castle about the danger! We must be sure they're hidden somewhere safe!" Minnie said.