10. Feelings & Truths {Part 1}

😊 Comments, votes and questions welcomed.

Quenton Cole

Quenton Cole

Flashback.
June 13, 2016

"Mr. Cole, were you with Jordyn Wright on the night of April 12, 2016?" My lawyer asked as she approached me near the stand. Nodding, I looked her in the eye and answered. "Yes, I was." I replied. "Can you explain what happened on that night?" She questioned. "I surprised Jordyn at one of her college parties. We hadn't seen each other for a few weeks so I thought it would be a good idea to surprise her. We were drinking and dancing, you know just having a good time." I explained my side of the story. Glancing over at the jury, I made sure my eyes held no lies or nervousness in them.

"Do you know Troy Robinson?" She asked. "Not really. I met him that same night. He was pushing up on Jordyn and she seemed to be bothered." I continued. "Bothered like Mr. Robinson was harassing her?" She threw a low blow as Jordyn's lawyer cut in. "Objection your honor! Room for speculation!" He shouted. Judge Mathers banged her gavel and asked for order in the court. "ORDER IN MY COURT ROOM! Mrs. Stokes lose the speculating tone and continue." She ordered.

"Rephrase your honor, Mr. Cole what exactly did you see?" Mrs. Stokes asked. "I saw Jordyn dancing alone and Troy pushing himself on her as she tried to let him down easy. He wasn't letting up, so I went over to see if she was okay." I was feeling good about my side of the story, the jury seemed to be buying it. However, Jordy, Troy and I all know that's not how it went. But how could they prove that?

"And how did you react?" She asked. "I was upset, I admit. He wouldn't let up, so I became aggressive, but it was only to protect Jordyn. Troy got loud and tried to swing on me then we ended up fighting." I kept my lie in order. There was no way I was letting the jury or Jordyn see me crack, especially because she thinks she had me shook. I was far from it and she would know that soon.

I knew Jordyn, so I knew that this tough façade wouldn't last long, she didn't have the balls to lock me away for life. We just had a disagreement and she spiraled which resulted in her making the stupid decision to have me arrested. This is how our game goes, however the arrest was new though.

"And during this fight how did Miss Wright react?" She asked. "She was crying, she wanted the fight to stop. I noticed after the scuffle then I grabbed her hand and we left. I consoled her in the car before we drove back to her apartment." I straightened my tie a little as I sat up, giving Jordyn a slight glance. I could see the anger in her eyes as I spoke my truth and it made me smile on the inside.

"When you got to the apartment, what happened?" She continued. "Jordyn spent some time crying about how she thought Troy was her friend and I just held her. After some time, we ended up having sex and I stayed over to make sure she was okay." My lawyer nodded and backed away from the stand. "No further questions." She concluded. "Mr. Ballard, cross examination." Judge Mathers called Jordyn's lawyer to the stand. At that point I knew exactly what was to come my way, but I would handle it accordingly.