25. Back On Track {Part 2}

Enjoy 💕

Jabri Hampton

"Am I crazy Ma?" I asked my Moms over the phone. My flight was booked and I was on my way to the airport. "Yes, you are." She said bluntly with a laugh. "Ma, forreal. You think Pops would catch a flight to you?" I asked. I was going anyway but I just wanted to know how it looked on the outside. All jokes aside, I ain't wanna come off controlling or like a stalker. Knowing what she went through with yo, I ain't wanna trigger her in any way.

"Your father wouldn't let me go...and that's exactly what you're doing. Not letting go. But, don't go out there and show your ass, you were in the wrong." As far as my moms knew, me and Rai' had an argument. I said something I shouldn't have and now we were on bad terms. Of course Pops knew the full truth though. He cussed my 'dumbass' out too, his words not mine.

"You can be crazy too Jabri," She added. "How though? I think it's crazy I'm flying to her but I'on think it's crazy to chase her. If that makes sense...like, not letting her get away." I tried to explain. "I get it. You don't want something good to slip away. That's love. It will have you doing some crazy things...getting mad over little things."She chuckled a little. "Why you laughing?" I wondered with a small smile. Sometimes I think my moms enjoyed seeing me upset, especially over a woman. After telling her how I felt about Rai', she thinks every little attitude I have is because of her. Lately, it has been but damn, she ain't gotta know that.

"I know that and I apologized. I been trying to anyway, but she ain't tryna hear it. I gotta go where she at now." I said as I heard her giggle. "I never thought I'd see the day that you were sprung again. Over someone good though, someone worth it." I could hear the smile in her voice so that instantly made me smile too. "Shit, me either. It happened so fast Ma, it's crazy." I thought about it. I knew Rai' was something when I first met her, no matter how hard she played to get.

"Back then we didn't care about time. We could meet today and get married tomorrow." She laughed. "Hell no, we ain't doing that. But I told her if it happens, that I ain't gon' run from it. She not expecting me to fly." I told her. "No one was, because you're scared. I still remember the first time you flew." She brought up an old memory making me suck my teeth. "Why you bringing up old shit?" I chuckled. "You keep cussing in my ear and you gonna see what old shit is, watch your mouth." She sassed. "My fault Ma. I gotta go though cus' I'on really know what I'm doing." I checked my mirror to switch lanes.

"Alright. Call me when you land." She told me. "Aight Ma, love you lady." I told her. "Love you too." She said before we hung up. I had to pay to park so I did that before going inside. It wasn't busy but it was still too many people here. I watched my surroundings carefully as I slid my hood on my head. I packed enough for two days too. She thought she was gon' show her ass in Cali for the weekend, shittin' me. We was bouta be boo'd up Ella Mai style out this bitch.

What Sarai' didn't know was that her sister put me on to all the details. When I decided I was gon' catch a flight, I called her right up. Because she like me that much, she gave me her address and allat. Told me the clubs they was hitting, restaurants and all. Ran down the whole shit for me and I was on it. Even if she didn't, I wasn't going out there for nothing. I was gon' find her regardless and we was gon' get this shit straightened out.

"Hold on Jah!" I heard Birdie whisper into the phone. I walked in the back and ducked low in the cut to finish this call. I would go through TSA after we hung up. "Hello?" Her tone was regular now. "I'm at the airport." I told her. "Oh shit, you were serious?!" She laughed even though she sounded shocked. "You thought I was playing?" I asked her. "Yeah? Maybe...a little bit. I don't know." She rambled. "She's going to cuss me out Jah." She giggled. "You gon' have to take that for me cus' she got me fucked up." I told her. "And I'on fuck with planes too, so this shit is real." I told her.