43. (UPDATE! CAN Y'ALL SEE IT?)

Narrator's POV

"HEY YOU! BACK UP WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!" Instead of raising his hands, Jabri bawled his face in anger. "That's my fucking truck!" He growled, his teeth gnawing at his bottom lip. "I just bent the corner and y'all on my body for nothing!" He continued to yell, making the other officers alert.

"Sir, I'm gonna need you to calm down." His gun remained pointed at Jabri as he tried to calm him down. "No! Fuck no! How you pull the gun on me when I'm the fucking victim?!" Not only was he upset about his newly decorated truck but he was irritated with the way he was being treated.

Like a suspect.

Just because he was a tall black man that didn't make him a criminal. And his yelling didn't make him a threat as he had the right to be upset and concerned about his property. "Everything alright over here?" Another officer came over, his hand loosely on his gun as he approached both Jabri and his colleague."Nah! That's my fucking truck and he got the gun on me! How you tryna book me when I'm the victim?!" Jah continued to fuss as he pulled his pants up.

"I got it, I got it." The less aggressive one lowered his partner's gun for him before telling him that he had it. "He's new...you gotta forgive these rookies. I'm officer Hamm. " The officer chuckled but Jah's face remained tight. His mind wandered in many places from the crime he had just committed to the scene in front of him.

He knew that this was a street hit, so Quenton wasn't good for this. Based on previous incidents, he hoped that Corey wasn't lying about where he was. Having a little trust in him was difficult because not only was he sneaky but he was a liar too. "Are you injured? Were you in your truck when the shots went off?" Officer Hamm questioned.

Shaking his head, Jah glanced at his perfectly ruined white Range Rover, causing his nose to flare. The anger he felt couldn't be described as he wanted to cause damage to something or someone. Alex, he thought. He had to be the one behind this because he had been too quiet lately. He disappeared before Ashlee' left the city too which to Jah meant that he had been plotting this moment.

However, he didn't have a clue of where Alex could have seen him. How did he know what he was driving? Where he lived? The only one who knew that information was Ashlee' which made him side eye her again. His suspicions about her setting him up had just resurfaced. Another piece of proof was that she didn't decide to tell him she left until she was already settled in Atlanta.

Somehow, the streets kept catching up to him and Ashlee' was always in the mix. "Were you involved in any altercations recently?" Jah shook his head no. The last altercation he recalled was the one with Mookie but he had beat him so bad he had to be hospitalized. Knowing his reputation and his ties to Charlie, Jabri didn't see him for this so his only other option was Alex.

"Do you live here?" Officer Hamm wondered as he looked up at the apartment building. "Yeah. I wasn't even home when this shit happened." Jah informed as Officer Hamm nodded, scribbling something down. "Do you need to check your place?" He asked. "Nah, I'm good. I got somewhere to go. I ain't filing no report either, I can get the truck towed by tomorrow." Jah didn't want to make things hotter than they were.

And he wasn't a snitch.

So you have no idea who this could be?" Hamm continued to fish. "No." Jah kept it simple. Reaching into his pocket, Hamm pulled out a card and handed it over to him. "We'll keep an eye on this area for the next few days. If you come across any leads or information, you can give me a call." Hamm offered. Jah didn't respond verbally, instead he

--

Jabri couldn't even enjoy the entertainment at the bachelor party due to his paranoia. He had only been here for an hour and he was ready to go. Honestly, he started not to come at all but he knew that his absence would raise questions. He decided not to call Sarai' because he knew that she would be worried sick. Working her up wasn't on his agenda and neither was ruining her sister's night.