30. Thanks Greetings {Part 1}

Narrator's POV

The Thanksgiving holiday had rolled around rather quickly and Sarai' couldn't be more excited. Other than Christmas this was her favorite holiday. The two things she loved most came together and nourished her soul.

Food and Family.

This particular feast would be different though. She was now in a relationship which meant that she would be spending it with Jah's family too. Usually they would rotate Thanksgiving dinner between her parents house and the Cole residence. The communication between both families had been little to none, which meant that this time around things would be different.

She hadn't really spoken to or about Quenton since her father had put a hurting on him. Even though she didn't speak on it, she wondered about him and his well being. Even with the things he's done, she prayed that he was somewhere safe and healthy. It was natural to be empathetic even if she didn't agree with his decisions.

"Wassup mama," Jah greeted a cheesing Rai' over FaceTime. "Hi babe. What are you doing?" She spoke with a smile. "Doing some graphic shit on the laptop. I'm making business cards." He told her. "Productive, I like it. Shouldn't you be at your moms though?" She wondered. "For what?" He looked into the camera. "Helping her cook, duh." She made a popping sound with her mouth before giggling at her own silliness.

"You know I ain't cooking shit, but I'm eating everything." They shared a laugh. "Where ya peoples?" He wondered. "Dub and Lace are on the way and my parents are home." She told him. "You still nervous about coming to dinner?" He asked her. "A little. Are you?" She returned the question. "Nah, I'm chilling. You the one with bad nerves, ya moms gon' fall in love with a nigga. Just like you did." He spoke with cockiness.

She waved him off, looking away from the camera with a blush. "Should I keep my hair curly?" She raked her fingers through her bouncy curls. "Yeah. You know that's my favorite style." He smiled at her. "You sexy when you nervous..." He placed his laptop to the side. "Thank you." Sarai' got up from the island stool and grabbed her water bottle from the fridge.

"I'm sexy all the time though, remember that." She winked at him. "No lies told baby." He agreed with her. "Where is Corey?" Rai' wondered. Jah had been keeping her up to date with Corey's progress and she was proud of him too. "Living room. He got a lil girlfriend now so he been boo loving and shit all day. I'm letting him have dinner with her peoples."He chuckled. "Aww that's cute. I remember crushing during my teenage years." She thought back on her younger days.

"You actually liked niggas?" He acted fake surprised. "Well, no...but niggas were fine." She corrected herself. "I'm the finest though and the last nigga you gon' be fucking with." That cocky smirk appeared again, his voice firm. "Is that so?" Sarai' challenged him. "Fuck with me if you want to." He warned her. "I can fuck..." The death glare she was receiving from him had paused her words. "WhoeverIwantto." She purposely allowed her words to run together.

"Yeah okay, wait til' I see you." She laughed at his seriousness. "You are so territorial." She giggled. "You forgot you damn near swallowed my tongue in front of Aysa?" He brought up an old petty move of hers. "The bitch was trying too hard." She defended herself as he laughed. "Why she gotta be allat?"
He pushed to annoy her. "Oh, so you know her?" Attitude laced her tone as Jah continued to laugh.

"Look at you," He rested his case. "Get off my phone." She gave him an eye roll before pressing the 'End' button. She wasn't really upset with him but he did call her out, so she wasn't feeling that.

iMessage from My Bear☺️🐻😋: ya wet ass tight huh? 🤣 😘😘😘😘 I love you 👅