36. It's Your Birthday {Part 1}

December 6, 2016

Sarai' Morgan

"Mmm..." I moaned with a stretch as I rolled over in bed. Jah wasn't next to me but this time I didn't panic. Reaching for my phone, I saw that notifications were coming through. Plus the group chat I had with Dub, Mel and Manny was a mess.

FreaksByNature😈:

MyManny💄💋: HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎈 BABYGIRL! Bitch, did y'all land yet?! I didn't help you pack for nothing! And the dick down...I just know it was brutal 😩

Mel😝💕😘: Did you get a good fuck last night?! Jah deserved it, after you played with his feelings. Where did y'all go?! I already have the pregnancy tests stacked and ready for when you come back.

MyDub👯‍♀♥: I CAN'T BELIEVE MY DUB IS LEAVING ON OUR BIRTHDAY 😡😭I FLEW IN FOR NOTHING.

I laughed aloud, ignoring the texts to FaceTime Dub. It rang a few times before the call ended. Instead of calling back, I got out of bed to find Jabri. Last night's talk was still heavy on my mind. It felt good to finally be able to let everything out but I still felt bad.

Him telling me that I didn't love him the way he loved me truly hurt. It made me feel as if I wasn't doing enough to assure him of my love. It came as a surprise but it had to be said. It didn't make the blow any less hurtful though. The both of us cuddled in silence as we let each other's words marinate. It was a lot to take in and digest, so I guess silence was good.

"Babe?" I called in concern as I pushed the bathroom door open. Jah was hunched over the toilet, vomiting. "Baby...are you okay?" I rushed to his side. He nodded with his eyes closed, letting more out into the toilet. "My stomach fucked up." He mumbled, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. He was sweating, his nose was runny, and his eyes were tearing. He didn't look well at all.

"What did you eat?" I asked as I helped him up from the floor. After flushing the toilet, I put the toilet seat down and helped him to the sink. He grabbed his rag and toothbrush to freshen up. I grabbed the gloves and cleaning supplies from the cabinet to get his mess while he brushed. "Nothing. Shit started late last night...I feel crazy." He sniffed. "You have any ginger-ale? Your stomach needs to settle first before you eat." I suggested.

"I got some in the fridge. I ain't really hungry though." He told me. "I know babe, but you have to eat." I said to him. He continued to brush before gargling mouthwash a few times. "Maybe we should stay in today." I suggested. "Nah, it's ya birthday." He turned from the sink to look at me. "I'll have more birthdays, babe. I want to make sure you're okay." I spoke genuinely as I walked over to him.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pecked his lips. "I'm hot as shit but cold at the same time." He complained. "You don't want to go see a doctor?" I asked. "Nah, not until I get this cast off. I'ma just take some meds and sleep." He said. I nodded, walking hand in hand with him back to the room. "I want you to enjoy ya day though. Birdie ain't got nothing planned?" He asked as he sat on the bed.

"Well...we thought I would be gone." I laughed a little. He chuckled and got up quietly, going over to the closet. I watched him skeptically, wondering what he was up to. When he finished in the closet he came back over with a birthday bag. "Really?" I blushed. "Yeah...I was still gon' give you ya gifts." He handed me the bag before sitting back down. "I'm gonna cry." I whined as I joined him on the bed. Sitting, I crossed my legs and pulled the bag toward me.

"Don't be jumping all on me and shit when you see what's in the card." He smirked a little before sniffling. "What did you do?" I squinted at him. After opening the card, I shot up from the bed, screaming and jumping once I saw what was inside. I heard him chuckle lowly before he sniffled again. I was smiling ear to ear as I looked over at him. His arms were folded together as he looked at me with low eyes.