21. In The Name Of Crazy

J.A.N: Firstly, I want to give a shout out to one of my favorite writers/inspirations @CouldBeKash for helping me with this chapter. I had a slight case of writer's block but she got me through it.

Secondly, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. I know I take forever to update but I try to make it worth it. ENJOY!

Sarai' Morgan

"I've been waiting for you." Hearing those words made me cringe inside. I couldn't form a sentence as he stared at me with an unreadable expression. Don't panic Rai, just stay calm. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I continued to lock my door as if this was nothing. If I freaked out, maybe he would too? "I tried to clean up for you." A light chuckle left his lips as he pulled at his clothes, or lack thereof. I was so stunned when I walked in, that I completely missed his attire: a hospital gown and blue footies. I also completely missed that the smell of food was coming from my place not a neighbor's.

"I didn't want you to see me like that. I was glad that you left." His bandaged hands swiped down his face as he walked back over to the stove. I was confused by his comment, so I didn't say anything. "Don't just stand by the door. You haven't moved since you came in, get comfortable. Make yourself at home." He laughed a bit at what I assume was a joke and when I didnt join in, his stare was back on me. I was having a tug a war between my feet and my mouth. Should I say something? Or should I just run? Quenton has never been this far gone in my opinion, so I was careful of what my next move would be. Deciding to use my feet instead of my mouth, I gave a forced chuckle and picked my things up from the floor. Keeping a safe distance between us, I went over to the sofa and placed my things down.

"Left?" I murmured quietly. "I saw you...in the hospital room. You came to check on me and I couldn't get to you. I was...too weak. Then you just left...like you didn't even love me anymore." His tone was a mixture between sadness and anger. "You know what?" He smiled at me. "I forgive you. I forgive you for hating me, I know it was just your emotions. I know that you love me, and I love you. We're in love and we've always been. I'm gonna get better for you, okay?" He was talking crazy as I just stood there silently. I had no idea what he was talking about or how to respond. So again, I kept quiet. "Doctor said my kidneys are failing. I fucked up my hands because I got mad. You changed your number, but I still have my key." He went on. My eyes stayed on him as he strolled out of the kitchen. I didn't blink once as he came closer.

I was sitting on the sofa now, completely still as I focused on my breathing. Once he made it closer to me, he stooped to my level and caressed my face softly causing me to turn away. I didn't want his filthy hands anywhere near me. I didn't give him any eye contact and that's what set him off. He quickly shot to his feet making me flinch before my eyes landed on him. It was then that I noticed how out of it he looked. The hair on his face and head were both wild, he'd clearly lost weight and his eyes – those eyes.

The same eyes I once saw so much love in now held nothing. Just looking at him made me shake with fear, my eyes now glued to every move he made.

"You seriously think I would hurt you?" He sounded offended as he looked at me in shock. "Have I ever raised a hand at you? No." He answered his own question. "Have I ever forced you to do anything against your will?" He questioned. "Q, you-you have to leave..." I stammered. He simply chuckled and went back to the kitchen. That gave me time to slide my hand into my bag and grab my phone without being noticed. His back was now toward me as he grabbed plates from the cabinet. I wasted no time unlocking my phone and going to my messages. My first thought was to text my father, but I knew he wasn't in town. He always tells us when he's visiting. Instead, I quickly composed a group text to Mel, Manny and Jah. I really wish he would have answered the phone, he gets to me in two minutes. I added him just in case he called or texted me back, but Mel and Manny were my best options.