Breakfast With New Friends {Short}

mini frustration rant:

No lie...I'm frustrated as hell with trying to tie everything together and end this story 😐😢. I feel like I can do much better, IMO. I have so much to edit and change. I'm holding on when usually I would delete it and start over. I just want to cover everything and make sure I finish this strong. -le sigh-

Anywho, a blah short while I ponder. I APPRECIATE YOU ALL's PATIENCE SO MUCH!

Christmas playlists were still on shuffle as the women gathered in Saire's kitchen to prepare breakfast. Like always, the men were nowhere near the kitchen, leaving the hard part to the ladies. While they were lounging around in the living room having beers and men talk. The ladies had their girl talk over mimosas and jingles.

"So, where is this man of yours?" Saire' asked Mel, sliding next to her at the island. She chopped up fruit while Saire' did the same to peppers and onions. "He should be on his way to us...no worries. He didn't bitch out." She joked. Saire' had been super antsy to meet Antonio because she's heard nothing but good things about him. Mel was a tough nut to crack; maybe even tougher than the twins. She had been hurt many times but always picked herself up and loved again. But she still kept up a brick wall behind that pretty smile of hers. However, once it was knocked down, that was it.

"You're all smiles." Sarai' teased as she refilled their glasses. "I am. That's my baby! I've missed him and it hasn't even been a full day yet." She giggled. "You sound like Jabri." Sarai' teased. "At least y'all get a chance to miss y'all menI live with mine." Saire' rolled her eyes jokingly. "You're really getting married in 2 weeks Dub!" Sarai' shouted. "It still doesn't feel real. I'm excited but I'm extremely nervous." She admitted. Similar to Sarai', the pace her and Lance had been going when they first met, freaked her out.

It was as if everything had happened at once.

They met, went on a date or two and fell in love. Next thing Saire' knew, she was pregnant and asked to be Lance's wife. "Cold feet?" Mel wondered. "Not...cold feet. Just nerves...like am I really ready to be a wife?" Saire' hadn't actually spoken about her feelings. Every time Lance tried to get in her head, she would tell him that everything was fine. "What do you mean are you ready to be a wife? You guys are practically already married." Sarai's tone was one of firmness. Talking crazy was usually her thing not Saire's. "Exactly. He knew you were his wife the moment he met you. Ain't no time for cold feet." Mel sassed, making all of them laugh.

"I just said that it wasn't cold feet." Saire' reiterated. "Cold heart, cold feet, anything cold you shouldn't have, especially not 2 weeks away." Mel continued. "You sound like Mommy." Saire' giggled. "Doesn't she?!" Sarai' added with a laugh. "Mama Morgan would kill you for changing your mind. And Daddy Morgan would assume Lance did it and we'll be planning a funeral instead. I'm not ready." Mel exaggerated. "You're so dramatic." Saire' claimed. "Do I lie though?" Mel looked to Sarai' for back up. "Never has she ever." Sarai' commented before standing to go over to the stove.

"It's nothing, I promise. It's just getting closer so I'm nervous." Saire' assured them. She was telling the truth too. She loved Lance with her entire soul and she couldn't imagine a life without him. That feeling of butterflies would never go away, married or not. "Great. I am too happy for you two and I've already prepared all my tears for the vows." Sarai' informed. "I'll prep my tears for your wedding too Rai', just in case." Mel cheesed as Sarai' waved off her comment. Yes, the ring had to come first but marriage could definitely wait.

"I'm really getting married in 2 weeks." Lance shook his head in disbelief, swigging down more of his beer. "You are." Manny nudged him a bit. "You getting scared?" Jah questioned, popping another piece of candy into his mouth. He had already cleared one clear container of the variety mix, now he was working on his second. The food was taking too long to get done, so he was munching on anything he could.