2

Today was much warmer than the day before.
Maybe today would be better than yesterday, most likely not.
"Are you okay?" Noe asked sitting in the desk next to her.
"Yeah i'm ok" Her converse creasing as her leg bounced. As time went on her nerves didn't stop, the grew.
Then she felt a hand on her thigh,stopping her leg.
She looked down and saw a silver ring, it was new. It has small flowers engraved all over the ring.
Maybe it was his dads.
"whats wrong?" He asked, curiosity obvious in his voice.
" i'm just nervous."
"About?"
"Um.. Jack comes home today." Stefanie answered quietly, her nerves had gotten the best of her. Though, she wish they hadn't. She wished that she didn't care, that was had meant nothing anymore. But he did, and he was still an asshole.
Noe knows a lot about Stefanie, but the accident is not something she's told him yet. But he knew enough. Plus, if she didn't like someone, neither did he.
"Its gonna be okay you don't really have to see him..." Noe shrugged. Stefanie rolled her eyes, reminding the boy.
"OH! Youre taking Isla to get ice cream?"
She nodded. No matter what Jack did, he could never keep her away from his family. At this point she apart of the family.
"yeah.. that's why i have no way of avoiding him."
"How about this; I'll go with you? I mean Isla already knows me,we took her to the park a few times " He did have a point.
"would you really?"
"Yeah. Im here for you."
"we can go after i get out of detention."
"okay." He kept his hand on her thigh. It made her feel safe, Making her believe it'll all get better.
-
The day went by quickly.
Nerves consumed her thoughts as time passed. Eventually she found herself in the parking lot looking for Noe's car.
She spotted a shinny black car that held so many memories and got in.
"hey"
"hey" he turned on the car.
"are you ready to go?" he asked placing his hand on her thigh once again.
"no."
" Stefanie, you can't blow Isla off because of Jack"
"I know"
"are you sure you still want to go?"
"Yes. But will you go in the house with me-just in case?"
"Yes of course" He took his hand off her thigh and started driving.
She  didnt have to give him any directions because Jack lived 2 houses down from her own.
Slowly they pulled into the drive way and got out of the car. She was shaking. Her  knees weak, arms where heavy.
Noe looked at her and then grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a tight hug.
She didnt hesitate to hug back. She buried her head in his chest, which was covered by a white long sleave t-shirt.
"Its ok Stefanie. Im here. We just have to get Isla and leave." he pulled out of the hug and took her small delicate hand in his.
"Thank you for everything. I dont know where i would be without you." She said and pulled him into a hug this time. They pulled away and walked up the front steps. Not breaking their hands apart.
Jack however was a different story.
Tour was one of the best things that he had got to do. It was absolutely everything he wished for,and more.
All he could think about was how ungrateful he was toward his best friend.
He absolutely hated hurting her, and this time he hurt her bad.
Finally after what felt like years he heard a car pull up.
He didn't recognize it at all. It was new?
He watched through the glass window as she exited the vehicle.
Beautiful as always.
Her outfit complemented her body perfectly, like always.
He watched them hug and smile,with each second his heart ace grew.
Eventually, he heard a knock and walked toward the door. Within a second, isla bolted past him.
"Hey baby" A beautiful voice said as isla ran out the door.
He walked over and watched as his little sister tackled his best friend into a hug.
"Hey Stefanie"
Isla said pulling away from the hug and smiling.
Stefanie smiled at her, making Jack fall for her even more.
"Hey Noe" isla said smiling and then running to the boy standing next to Stefanie.
Noe?
"Hey little princess"  he picked her up and spun her around. Stefanie just stood there and laughed.
"Isla you're not ready" Stefanie looked at the young girls bright red pajamas.
"Wait where are we going today?" Isla questioned Stefanie.
"Ice cream"
"Can we all go to the park again cause i like when we go with  Noe cause he pushes the swings really far and fast" Isla rambled.
"of course" Stefanie answered.
"Wow im honored to crush you 2 at tag again." Noe said looking at Stefanie and Isla.
"you only won last time because i tripped" Stefanie answered.
"Oh yeah and thats why we got to tickle you like crazy" isla said giggling. 
we?
He was doing everything jack had done with them before.
   "okay okay lets go get you ready" Stefanie said picking Isla up.
She looked up and met the eyes of the boy who broke her.
His presence surprised her. Anxiousness visible in her emerald eyes.
They where so beautiful.
"Oh..."
"H-hey" he stumbled on his words.
~