41

"Im gonna kill you" Stefanie yelled at Zach running in to the room where the rest of the boys sat.
"It was an accident!"
"How is that an accident?"
"Like you and Daniels ki-"
"Oh dont you dare!"
"Square up" he stepped closer to her. "Oh wait I might accidentally kiss you!" He leaned down.
"Oh I would fight you..." She put her hand on his back "but is your back okay?!"
"Wow you're going there?!"
"Messy Monday went there!"
"Woah Woah! Whats wrong ?" Corbyn said in between laughs.
"He ate my ice cream!"
"I thought it was Daniels!"
"IT WAS CHOCOLATE"
"Damn. You never mess with Stefanies ice cream" Daniel shook his head.
"Buy me more" she whined to Zach.
"Why should I?"
"Because you ate it"
"Ugh Daniel talk some sense into her"
"Just buy her some more bro" Daniel shrugged.
"I'm broke"
"How the fu-" Stefanie countered.
"Fine! God damit"
"Finally! Thank you Daniel"  Stefanie smiled.
"Why are you thanking him?!"
"Because he convinced you!"
"Oh my-"
"Fine thanks Zachary"
"You guys are annoying" Jonah laughed.
"Yeah But,I don't get it" Corbyn shrugged.
"What?"
"What was Zach talking about?" Corbyn asked making Daniels,Stefanies, and Zach's eyes go wide.
"Nothing just to tease her" Zach shrugged. Stefanie sat in between Daniel and Corbyn, gently placing her head on Corbyns shoulder.
"How's life?" They asked.
"Meh,"
"Meh? Why meh?" Jack asked her.
"I miss him, a lot,"
"What did you guys say when you spilt?" The boys had found out that they dated for a while but not how it happened.
"He said a lot."
"Like?"
"Like, how he is the love of my life and I'm his, but there is a difference between the love of your life and the love for your life."
"What's that mean?" Zach asked.
"That we'll always love each other but the universe will keep us apart for a reason. For the person we are destined to marry and all that crap."
"Wow. I'm sorry babe." Zach frowned.
"It's alright but it's like..."
"Like what?" Jonah asked.
"I don't know if this happens when you kiss your girlfriends but every time I kissed him I felt so excited and like... like I could do anything."
"Absolutely, 100, Of course" Corbyn nodded.
"Yeah, yes, for sure" Jonah nodded.
"Yep, Mhm, si" Jack lied straight through his teeth.
It happens when I'm around you.
He thought.
"But Stefanie maybe this was meant to be. Maybe you'll find the person you belong with soon." Daniel smiled.
Or maybe he's right here.
"I know..." she groaned.
"Gee don't sound to excited."
"No it's just. I wish we could've happened longer. Ya know? We only had a few months-"
"A few?! I thought it was just this one?"
"Yeah but, we've both known we liked each other for a while. Anyway we only... i only had him for a month" she frowned.
"It's okay Love" Daniel hugged her.
"Yeah" the boys slowly joined.
"I love you guys."
Eventually they split into small groups and talked about ransoms topics, Gabriela,Sydnie, and Ava had walked in.
"Stefanie, have you been to Happy's?" Jack asked.
"Um... yeah actually."
"What's That?"
"A diner that we would always go to when he lived in Pennsylvania."
"Oh cool"
"We should get..."
"STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKES!" They yelled in sync and stood.
"AND CURLY FRIES!" They yelled together again.
"LETS GO!" They yelled and ran to get ready.
"What...?" Gabriela asked.
"It was their order. Happy and Maggie, the owners of the diner knew them, they knew each other. They had a 'usual' and would always go together."
"Ready?" Jack and Stefanie asked the group.
"I'll chill here" Jonah said.
Daniel,Gabriela, Stefanie, Jack, Zach, Corbyn, Ava, and Sydnie all pilled into the car and drove to the closest thing to a diner near them. IHOP.
Seating arrangement:
Corbyn~Stefanie~Jack~ Gabriela
~
Zach~Daniel~Ava~Sydnie
After getting settled they began to order.
"I'll take..." They all ordered leaving Jack and Stefanie the last ones.
"A strawberry milkshake and an order of fries, please." They said at the same time, completely unplanned. Lucky for them Zach had caught it on camera.
"Um? One for each? Or just one?" The waitress laughed.
"Just one" jack said.
"One for each" Stefanie said at the same time.
"What?"
"Just one? You'll drink all the milkshake!"
"Ugh Fine two milkshakes and one order of fries."
"Okay!" The waitress smiled. "What a cute couple!" She smiled taking the menus and walking away.
"Uh...." jack turned to Gabriela.
"I..it's okay" she smiled.
"Im... Im sorry" Stefanie smiled.
"It's all good."
"Hey Stef?" Corbyn asked turning his attention towards her.
"Hm?"
"Let's get you on instagram again."
"Right now?"
"Yeah sure,"
"Um... sure" she pulled out her phone and handed it to Corbyn. He downloaded the app and handed her the phone to log into her old account.
"Okay so... these are the DMs..." he went on to explain all the new features and such.
"Thanks Corbyn." She smiled.
"Let's take a picture," he smiled. They both smiled at the camera, the light above the table lighting up both of their eyes.
"Wow youre cute" she laughed high fiveing him. He took the phone and wrote 'guess who's back?' And posted it to her story.
Stefanie pointed the camera at Daniel he smiled and she snapped a picture. She wrote 'weirdo🤩😫' on it before posting it.
"Ou! Me!" Jack laughed. She laughed and flipped the camera to them both. She turned to him and he did the same. They both blushed and smiled, Stefanie snapped the picture and laughed. She captioned it ' like old times <3'. Jack smiled at the picture.
"I love it" he smiled.
"Me too."
"Me three" Corbyn laughed ruining their moment.
Stefanies phone began to blow up, so she looked through some of the fan accounts.
She saw someone posted an old video from her and jack on YouNow.
~
"Stefanie come back!" Jack yelled adjusting his pastel blue sweatshirt,sitting in his room.
"I'm going!" She yelled back. She walked back in, she wore his hoodie,shorts, a messy bun, and her glasses. "What's up?"
"They wanna see you." He smiled. She put her forehead in the frame.
"Yes?"
"Come on, show yourself" he laughed.
"Nooo I look bad!" She laughed.
"Oh please! You look gorgeous! Especially in that sweater!" He smirked for a second.
"Uh-uh" she laughed. He put his hands on her waist and pulled her into the frame.
"This is my beautiful best friend,Stefanie " he kissed her cheek and showed a cheeky smile.
~
"Wow, you still have that hoodie!" He smiled.
"Yeah, But it dosent smell like you so there's no point anymore" she shrugged.
"I'll wear it again."
"Deal!"
Stefanie frowned realizing that she wouldn't see his room again,their family's would no longer live next to each other. There was no more running to Jack's house, there was no more jumping on Jack to wake him up for school, there was no more of the stairs that had always managed to make Stefanie trip, there was no more of the house.
"What's wrong?"
"I just... you're not my neighbor anymore." She frowned again.
"Awe It's okay." He smiled. "You've always got us, neighbors or not."
"Thanks B-" she was cut off by Gabriela asking Jack something.
Then something else hit her, hard.
There was no more of them. There was no more of him hugging her from behind and putting his face in her neck, there was no more babe,princess,babygirl,or even baby, there was no more 'you'll be mine' hope, there was no more of her wrapping her arms around his waist and hiding her face in his chest, there was no more of them.
"Um, im gonna go to the restroom." She got up and walked away.
"Ugh Stefanie what's your problem. He was long gone so long ago." She said to herself in the way to the bathroom, not knowing someone was listening to her.
"Stefanie?" She turned to see jack.
"Frick" she whispered.