11

It's been no less than a moth since Jack had left to LA again. This time it was much more difficult to let go than before. They talked everyday since he left, happier than ever.
"So when will you get back?" Noe asked putting his hand on Stefanies thigh.
"Next Friday" She answered.
"Oh..."
"Wait what's wrong"
"Nothing..."
"I know you more than anyone. So tell me what's wrong."
"It's nothing Stefanie so just drop it" he said quietly. It was odd, Stefanie had known him for a while now and he was never quiet.
"Tell me."
"I said drop it Stefanie." He said bluntly. He took his hand off her thigh and kept his eyes locked on the road.
"Noe tell me what's is wrong." She said annoyed.
"YOU! You're what's wrong." He yelled.
"What do you mea-"
"I told you what's wrong so drop it."
"No. Now tell me what i did wrong"
"Im always your second choice!" He pulled over and put his hands over his face. "I'm sorry it's just...I'm tired of being your number 2. I put you first for everything and yet I'm never anything to you."
"That's not true. You're everything to me. I love you" he looked up to meet her emerald eyes.
"You're lying. "
"What?"
"You always choose jack first. But I get it. I'm just not good enough"
"No. You're great. " She put her hand on his cheek.
"I'm sorry it just doesn't feel like it." He said looking down. There was a moment of silence when he looked back up and his eyes met hers.
"What do I have to do to show you how much you mean to me"
"I.. I don't know."
"I promise on everything that I love,that I love you with all of my heart" his face was inches a way from hers. "I love you so much" she whispered.
"I love you more than you can imagine." He whispered as he began to lean in. He put his hand on her soft cheek as she slowly closed her eyes.
Stefanie felt his warm breath in hers, ready to close the space between them.
Then her phone rang,It was her mom.
She answered. The conversation was quick,
The rest of the drive was quite.
Noe dropped her off at her gate.
"I'm sorry, let's just forget that it happened" he whispered as they hugged.
"Jesus Christ." She mumbled as she boarded the plane.