40

Stefanie and Noe both new that they couldn't last. They both new that they wouldn't be strong enough for long distance.
"Stefanie?"
"Yeah?"
"Why are we doing this?"
"What?"
"Us."
Stefanie stopped folding her laundry and turned to him.
"What do you mean?"
"Us. You and I know that while you were in college that we could barely breathe knowing that I couldn't hold you,you couldn't jump on my back, i couldn't even wake up knowing that you weren't there with pancakes. How are we going to this while I'm in Europe ? How are we gonna go on knowing I'll only see you,kiss you,hold you when we're on brakes?"
"I... i don't know, but you're right." Stefanie frowned, tears threatening to spill.
"Maybe we should..."
"Maybe,"
"I'm sorry"
"It's okay, you're right" tears fell from her eyes.
"No one even knew about us." She cried.
"Ba- Stefanie" he held onto her.
"I know it's the right thing to do but why? Why us?"
"I don't know babygirl."
"I hate this" she sounded more angry then sad.
"What?"
"I hate not being able to happy." She cried.
"You'll be happy, I swear. It just takes time."
"I wish it was with you."
"Stefanie. In all of our lives we have the loves of our lives and the loves for our lives. There's a difference, between them. The love of your life will have your back forever, you'll love them forever, you'll need the need them forever-but the universe will keep you apart for one reason. The love for our life is not only the person who will be the other parent of your child, the person who you will spend the reason of your life with, but the reason you are not with the love of your life. Babygirl you are the love of my life, and I hope I'm yours, but we aren't the loves for each other's lives. We will always be together, but we aren't meant for each other, okay? Your man is out there somewhere. Maybe even Daniel or Jack."
"You are the love of my life. Forever and always. I just wish, we had more time together, more time to be happy. You make it so hard not to love you. You make it so hard to let you go."
"You do too."
"How? You're the romantic one, you're the-"
"You're the one who went through all of this crap and you're still here stronger then ever, you're the one is the girl of my dreams, you're the one I wish was the love for my life."
"I love you."
"I love you."
They kissed one final time. They let go, to do the right thing.

A/N: Sorry not sorry for playing with your feelings ;)