34

Stefanie wandered the streets of Las Angels as anger filled her body. She just wanted to scream, cry, anything. She walked and walked as night began to fall. After buying water, She found a hike that led to the Hollywood sign- deciding to take it.
Eventually she made it to the top- where she stood on the edge watching the city. Tears made her way into her eyes.
A man who also hiked to the top looked at her and thought of the worst.
"Hey you okay?" He calles to Stefanie.
"Oh yeah" she turned around wiping her tears.
"Come here." He told her- trying to get her off the edge. "I don't want you to-"
"Oh! I wasn't. I just wanted to see the city." She cleared up.
"Thank God" he said breathing out. She sat on the edge watching the lights as he sat next to her. "Are you okay though" he asked.
"Yeah." She said noticing what he looked like. It was a boy a little older than her. His hair was hidden under a hat. He had broad shoulders and was very tall.
"Are you sure?"
"100%"
"Okay. " he turned his attention to the city while she studied him. Noticing his eyes, the many tattoos on his arm, and the rings on his fingers. "Ya know starting is rude." He laughed.
"Sorry" she turned bright read and looked away.
"Me and my boyfriend came here once. He almost fell" he laughed. She laughed and nodded.
"My friend did too!" Hesitating slightly.
"Boyfriend...?"
"Nah"
"Why'd you hesitate when you talked about your friend?"
"Because were in the middle of a fight I guess..."
"What did he do...?"
"They. They got in a huge argument over me and they know I have anxiety- but they're just so selfish sometimes." Stefanie let out. She looked back up quickly. "I'm so sorry you're a stranger and I just-"
"It's okay... we all just need to vent sometimes." he smiled. He had perfect strait white teeth.
"Why'd you come up here so late?" She asked looking at him.
"Just needed time to myself." He said. Stefanie nodded.
"So...?" She asked hoping to learn his name.
"Corey."
" Corey" she smiled.
"Yeah... I'm a bad bitch" He laughed. Stefanie giggled.
"So...?"
"Stefanie"
"So Stefanie where'd you come from?" He asked.  They got to know each other slowly becoming great friends. Eventually they ran out of questions to ask and began to walk back. Learning more things about one and other.
"So you're friends- what are their names?"
"Jack and Daniel"
"Jack Daniel's! Yes" he laughed. "Anyway why did they argue?"
"Because..." Stefanie told him what happened before she left the apartment.
"So. Jack says he likes you then pulls some shit- and then Daniel saves you- and then Jack gets you to forgive him- and then it happens over and over...?"
"Yes" Stefanie laughed at his use of 'and then'.
"God... strait men are so confusing" Corey laughed.
"I know! Jack's more confusing then me!" Stefanie laughed.
"Jeez... don't you think they're worried about you tho..?"
"Probably" Stefanie shrugged. "I just need to leave them for a bit"
"But like what did Daniel do wrong?" Corey laughed. "He was just trying to help.."
"I know that but it's just... he more than anyone else knows how bad my anxiety gets. He knows how bad my problems get- and even though I asked him not to go he still went not caring or knowing how I would react."
"Oh... you're right I guess" Stefanie shrugged. They continued to talk until they got to the end of the hike.
"Okay so I guess I'll be a gentleman and order an Uber" Corey rolled his eyes. Stefanie laughed and nodded.
"I'll pay you back later" Stefanie smiled. Corey smiled and nodded.
Eventually they got to the apartment and Stefanie asked him to come up so she could pay him for the Uber- all she had was her debit card. He nodded asking if she could also give him some water.
They got to the elevator and made their way to the apartment. She stopped and took a breath before opening the door. She saw all the boys, Sydnie,Kristin,Ava, Isla, and even Gabriela on the couch and scattered on the floor.
"Stefanie!" Kristin let out a breath and ran to embracing Stefanie in her arms.
"I'm okay. Really" Stefanie smiled. "I'll be right back." She got a water from the fridge and $15 from her purse- walking into the hall handing it to Corey.
"Thanks for today" she smiled.
"Thank you" He smiled. They hugged and Corey turned around behind to walk away.
"Oh wait!" He turned to her.
"Hm?"
"Can I have your number?"
"Yeah!" She smiled putting her phone number into his phone.
"Bye!"
"Bye babe" he said and left. She turned back to the apartment and saw everyone looking at her.
"Stefanie" Daniel began.
"We're sorry" Jack ended.
She nodded. Jonah feeling the older protective brother take over him.
"Who was that?"
"Corey"
"Corey who?" Stefanie pointed to the hall Corey just left.
"That Corey?" She questioned.
"No... like what is he doing here?"
"Not the point Jonah" Zach interrupted.
"Why'd you leave?" Corbyn questioned. Stefanie put a confused look on her face.
" did they not tell you?" She pointed to Jack and Daniel.
"No." Sydnie looked at jack.
"Where were you?" Isla frowned. Stefanie opened her arms and Isla ran to them.
"I was just thinking" Stefanie smiled. "Don't worry I'm fine. I didn't do anything dumb. I already ate. I made a friend. That's all,alright babygirl" she told Isla but directing it to all.
"Now if you don't mind I'm tired, so I'm gonna go to sleep." Stefanie stood up while Isla held her hand.
"Can I sleep with you?" Isla smiled.
"Yeah of course, we can watch a movie if you want!" Stefanie smiled.
"I'll go find a movie" Isla ran to Stefanies room.
"May I?" She pointed to where Isla ran off.
"Stefanie I'm very disappointed in what you did today. We where so scared." Kristin frowned. "We where scared because You've been through so much-"
"Exactly. I've been through a lot- but I'm still here and I'm only getting stronger. I just had a bad day, Am i not allowed to have a bad day? It's so annoying how people use what I've been through as an excuse to hurt me- like it'll be easier to get better from that because I got through something else!" Stefanie ranted.
"Stefanie I was just trying to help you" Daniel stood up.
"Sometimes I can't be helped Daniel." She looked at him with tears in her eyes. "You can't fix something that only falls apart"
"Stefanie I'm sorry! I know what I did- what I said was wrong and I'm sorry" Jack looked at her.
"Im sorry Jack." She told him tears finally falling out of her eyes. "I'm sorry for not believing you." She looked away from him.
"I'm going with Isla." She began to walk away. Sydnie grabbed her wrist.
"I'm so sorry babygirl." Stefanie was so tired of people being sorry for her. She pulled out of Sydnie's grip.
"Don't be."
She walked away as broken as ever.