26

~This is my favorite chapter~

It was around 6 in the afternoon- nearly everyone  had went to visit Corbyn. Jonah, Daniel, Jack, and I were going to go together.
We slipped into the car and drove the hospital Corbyn was being treated.
Jonah drove while jack was in the passenger seat.  Daniel held my hand as we parked.
"You got this."  We walked hand in hand into the hospital stopping at the E.R. to get directions to Corbyns room. When all the memories came flooding back.

~Flashback.~
3rd person POV

The fragile girl was rushed into the hospital. Nothing but the yelling of paramedics filled her head.
"GET ME THE DOCTOR!" One yelled.
"NOW SHE NEEDS HELP!"  The other yelled. A doctor and 3 nurses ran over to her. Immediately they put pressure by her gashes trying to stop the bleeding . They pushed her into what look like a room- yelling and saying things she couldn't understand. The nurse put more pressure on her wounds causing her brain to snap back into reality. She let out a scream of pain.
"Hey hey you're alright." The nurse said trying to calm her down. Stefanie felt as though she couldn't breathe. Pain filled her stomach.
"I-i- ca-can't-breath" She said slowly.  The nurses cut open her t-shirt. The saw bruises all over her abdomen.
"We need to take her into surgery ASAP and  order some X-Rays to be done! NOW!" The doctor yelled. Two of the nurses ran out of the room. The fragile-dying girl felt sleepy.
"Hey. Hey listen sweetie" the doctor said to her. "Hey concentrate on my voice okay? Don't sleep." She breathed out. "Don't let go now." Then her vision went back. "STEFANIE!"

~End Of flashback~

"Stefanie?" Daniel said she turned her attention to him. "I've said your name like 3 times, are you okay?"
"Ye-Yeah" she put her hand in his. He immediately knew she was not. Jack and Jonah thought she was just anxious to see Corbyn- but Daniel knew more to the story. He knew more her to story. He held on to her hand tightly as they walked down the hall. Right now her only source of comfort was with him.
"Dani?"
"Hm?"
"I don't know if I could go In there" his heart dropped. She had explained to him how that night went down- he didn't want to push her.
"I'll stay with you if you like"
"I..." she tightened her grip on his hand and walked forward. "No. I have to go in there for Corbyn."  He nodded. Her heart raced as she stepped into the room. Once again terrible memories filled her head.

~Flashback~
The beeping of monitors woke the exhausted girl. She sat up but her body didn't move. She looked behind her her and saw herself. 'Am I dead' Was the first thing she thought. She looked around and saw her brothers, Sydnie, and her parents. They look like they had been crying. She got out of the bed and went to hug them but she couldn't. They couldn't hear her, see her, or even feel her. She turned to herself. She was laying lifelessly in the bed. With IV's on her arm, a few machines hooked up to her, and a tube in her mouth. 'What's that for?' She thought. She saw a file at the foot of her bed and went to grab it. She opened it and read it. No matter how many times she read it, she didn't understand.
"My babygirl" he mom sobbed. She turned her attention to her. 'What'. "It's okay momma, she'll be alright" the girls brother said softly.
"How? That machine is breathing for her, she can't eat, she can't talk, ands she's in a coma! I miss my baby" her mother sobbed.
"It's okay Love. Our daughter is a fighter. Our babygirl will fight until she gets better" her dad said kissing his wife's forehead. "She will be okay"

~End Of Flashback~

"Hey you okay?" Jack asked. She nodded not being able to speak. "You sure?" She gave him a reassuring smile. She looked at Corbyn. He had a tube in his throat. Obviously it hurt her to see this- but she continued.
"Hey" she smiled. He waved.
"Can you talk?" She asked. He shook his head.
They all made conversation, eventually Jonah and Jack went to go get something to drink, when Corbyn- being Corbyn pretended to fall asleep fall asleep. "You okay?" Daniel asked, patting the seat on the couch next to him. She shook her head and sat next to him he held her as if it where for dear life. "No" she answered not knowing Corbyn was listening.
"I know it's hard."
"The accident was so long ago. I was so weak and scared. I just wish I could get passed it. Being here isn't making it any easier." 'Accident.' Corbyn questioned.
"It's okay. Corbyn is okay. And you are too." Daniel said holding her closer to him. "You got this,you're strong"
" I know- but I've been where Corbyn is and in an even worse position- it's just scary to me." She breathed out sounding like she wanted to cry. "Can we go?" She asked.
"Of course. Let's just wait for the guys." Corbyn opened one of his eyes and looked at them. He saw Daniel laying on the couch with her next to him-  running one of his fingers along her chest and by her shoulder. "Your battle wounds are dope" Daniel joked.
"Oh thanks" she smiled. "I don't know if they are worth it tho." She sat up and so did he. Corbyn shut his eyes quickly. The boys came in and eventually they all left, leaving Corbyn to wonder what Stefanie and Daniel where talking about. As Stefanie walked out she remember about the day when she woke up.

~Flashback ~

Stefanie's POV.
My eyes felt heavy, like I had been sleeping for months. I kept them closed trying to figure out where I was. I heard beeping, and felt things on my arms. A hospital? I thought, eventually everything that happened came back to me. The accident, the phone call with jack, and me not being able to breathe.
I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. A bright light shined down in me. Ugh. I turned and saw Damian on the chair next to me. He was holding me hand in his while he rested his head on his arms.
"D-Damian?" I questioned. His head shot up and he looked at me.
"Stefanie! You're awake!" He smiled. "Oh my god"
"How long was I out?"
"A week and a half"
"What-what- what happened to me?"
"Want me to tell you or the doctor?" He said softly.
"You."
"You. Umm." He thought for a second. "You have tree gashes, one from your first rib to the last. T-The other from the top of your shoulder to a little bit lower and the other one is by your neck." He took a breath. "W-when you got here you had a rib basically crushing your lung so they had to put you on this machine to basically breathe for you." He said slowly his voice breaking every now and then.
3RD PERSON POV
"I was broken?" She asked softly. Tears brimmed his eyes.
"Yes, baby, you where broken." A tear fell from his eye and she it wiped away. "But you're all better" he said to her like she was a child.
"Then why don't I feel all better?" She asked nearly breaking down to her older brother.
"I don't know." He cried. She began to cry. Hiccuping every now and then.
"Hey? Don't cry" he told his sister- trying to be strong. 
"I feel weak. I can barely lift my own arm up." She hiccuped. "I want to be all better- but I'm too tired to keep going... I don't want to fight anymore" she sobbed.
"I'll be here with you. I'll fight with you. I'll fight for you if I have to. As long as you get better." He hiccuped.
"D, please come here" she told him. Ever since she was little- and scared he would hold his little sister. Nothing or no one could hurt her. He crawled into the bed- being careful with her fragile body. She rested her head on his chest. He protectively wrapped his arms around her.
"You're not done fighting" he whispered.
~ end of Flashback~

(A/n that was hard to write without crying)
She turned to Daniel in the middle of the parking lot, Jonah and jack where ahead of them, and hugged him.
"Thank you."
"For?"
"Everything. I'm happy that I made it. I'm happy that I pushed myself. I'm happy you where there with me. Thank you for being my brother"
"No problem." He smiled.
"I'm getting better. I'm not done fighting."