28

Stefanie woke up with the urge to cough. She coughed and coughed until Jack rushed into her room, in one swift motion he picked her up and placed her onto his lap.
"Why are you up?" was the first thing she said to him.
"i don't know, instinct" he shrugged. The girl's cheeks and the tip of her nose where a light  shade of pink. You could see the physical exhaustion in her eyes. Her hair was in a messy bun, with a few hairs that fell out, framing her face. Although she had been sick for a few days she, hadn't felt as bad as she did today- and the day had just begun- Jack still thought she was absolutely beautiful, and nothing could change that. She rolled out of Jack's grasp and he frowned.

"come back"
"i cant get you sick Jack" she said in a duh tone.
"you wont"
"how do you know"
"i just know"
"Cant take the chance" she shrugged. He smiled and pulled her onto his lap.
"I don't care if i get sick, i need to take care of you" she smiled and coughed into her arm. He brought his hand up to her forehead and felt that she was warmer than ever. She closed her eyes wanting more sleep. He got out of the bed and she groaned.
"come back" he just shook his head and walk out no matter how much he knew he wanted to go back and hold his sick best friend in his arms. He went to the bathroom that they barely used, and started a warm bath. He grabbed some medicine from the cabinet and walked to his room grabbing one of his sweatshirts and a pair of sweatpants, trying his best not to wake Gabriela. He put them in the dryer and walked to Stefanie's room with some medicine in hand. He walked in to see her cuddling a teddy bear he had given her when they went to the town fair, when they where only 15. this sight warmed his heart.
"Stefanie, Baby." he said softly. She smiled, he hadn't called her 'baby' in months, also because every time she was sick he would treat her like she was so fragile- she found absolutely amazing.
"i see you smiling" he said sitting next to her. She sat up coughing quietly-while rubbing her eyes.
"Here" he handed her the medication and the water that was on her night stand. She smiled and took the medicine.
"Thank you" She was barely able to talk due to the pain in her throat.
"Shh don't talk. It's okay" he smiled. He picked her up bridal style and placed her on the couch. He put in Shane Dawson on YouTube giving her a blanket.
Soon he picked her up again and took her to the bathroom.
"There is a warm bath ready, I'll bring the warm cloths when they're ready and I ordered you soup on post-mates" he said setting her on the toilet seat." She opened her mouth to thank him but he put his finger on the lips he craved.
"Don't talk baby. It'll make it worse." She nodded and grabbed his phone, opening notes,and typing 'Thank you love. I don't know what I did to deserve you. 💗' he smiled and blushed.
"Don't worry angel" he kissed her cheek and left the bathroom. One side of the door she smiled as heart went all over the place. While he hurried to do everything in his power to make her feel comfortable. Soon enough Sydnie and Kristin woke up seeing Jack taking his cloths out from the dryer.
"Good morning" his mom told him.
"Hey bubby" his sister greeted.
"Hey" he said quickly placing a kiss on each of there cheeks - walking to to the bathroom. They both questioned it but decided to drop it.
He knocked on the door opening it slightly, placing the cloths Stefanie would need on the toilet seat. He heard a soft 'thank you' before shutting the door once again. He smiled and walking back to his mom and sister.
"What's up with you" Sydnie laughed.
"Nothing. Stefanie is sick so I gotta take care of her"
"Awwe bubbbyyy" Sydnie said sarcastically. Kristin lightly hit her arm.
"He's taking care of her, let him be" Kristin smiled. Soon the post-mates delivered the soup and Isla, Ava, and Gabriela woke up.
"Who's the soup for?" Isla questioned.
"Stefanie" Kristin answered.
"Why?" Ava asked.
"She's sick and jack's playing nurse" Sydnie laughed. Jack rolled his eyes and ignored his older sister.
"She's sick" He said simply. After a while Stefanie came it wearing a pair of Jack's black sweatpants, a large light blue hoodie, and white socks. Her hair was lazily dried and pulled into a messy bun once again. She had her glasses on for the first time in a while. She sat on the couch curling into a ball- and groaned.
"Good morning to you too" Sydnie smiled. Stefanie coughed loudly.
"Ew." She said followed by a cute sneeze. "Morning" she sat up. Jack laughed seeing his best friend so 'lazy' was something new to him.
"Not funny Avery" she said playfully glaring  at him. He put his hands up in defense.
"I got you souuup" he said dragging out the 'ou' followed by a cheeky smile. She returned the smiled and sat in the open seat next to Kristen to eat the soup.
"Thank you curly" she smiled. Kristen looked at the girl next to her and placed her hand on her forehead.
"Sweety you're burning up, how do you feel?"
"Not good" Stefanie swallowed, pain erupting in her throat. "It hurts to do anything" she said placing her head in Kristin's shoulder.
"Okay. Eat the soup, and if you get worse we'll take you to the hospital." Stefanie gasped softly- causing a coughing fit. She stood up and got a glass of water trying to calm down the coughing. Jack got up and helped her considering she was shaking. She drank the water and smiled at Jack.
"You sure you don't just wanna go now?" He asked. She shook her head wanting to tell him why. He nodded and they went back to the table.
"We've got something's to do today for Isla so if you aren't better by the time where done you're going to the hospital. Got it?" Kristen said firmly. Stefanie nodded praying she got at least a little better.
"Wanna go to the grove today, Ava?" Sydnie asked her little sister. Ava nodded and Gabriela asked if she could tag along, eventually deciding they would all go out.
"Sooo we go out, Jack plays nurse,and Stefanie will stay here feeling and looking like shit?" Sydnie said. Stefanie put the middle finger up towards Sydnie.
"She doesn't look bad" Isla said firmly to her older sister. Stefanie high fived her and winked.
"That's my babygirl" she pointed to Isla.  Once again she put the middle finger to Sydnie.

A/N I have the next 3 chapters done sksksksk