7

Jack's heart grew heavy as his tired eyes fell on Stefanie.
She stood and watched as her second family ate breakfast, scared to sit next to Jack.
"Hey baby" jack kissed Islas cheek.
"Good morning momma,"  he hugged her and did the same to his two other sisters. "He-Hey Stef," he stuttered.
"Umm hey" she answered not looking at him but at Sydnie.
"Hey syd may I speak to you outside for a second" she asked quietly.
"Of course" they walked out,and Jack's looked at him, shaking her head.
"Have you apologize or at least explained?"
"No"
"Jack-" she was cut off by them walking back in.
Well that was fast.
Stefanie looks defeated, like she didn't want to be their.
"Hey Stef honey are you gonna eat?" Kristin asked.
"Yeah,sorry" she sat down next to Jack and began to poor herself some water. There was a silence until Isla decided to break it.
"What did you do yesterday Stef?"
"Um well I came here for a bit..." she put her head down. "And then I went on a ' date'" she answered, smiling and blushing.
"A DATE?!" Ava said as she head shot up.
"Yeah well-" Stefanie was cut off by Sydnie.
"Was he the guy you posted about!??"
Sydnie referred to an Instagram picture of the two people looked at each other, in awe.
The caption read
"I love you @/Noe 💕"
"Yeah" she smiled and her cheeks began to burn up even more.
"DOES STEF HAVE A POTENTIAL BOYFRIEND??!"
"No-no it's because I was sad,and he came over and took me out to eat and then skateboarding and he called it a friend date and we ended up falling asleep together watching scary movies."
"He's hot-I mean handsome " Ava said looking at Kristin nervously.
"I know" Stef replied and as soon as she realized what she said she cover her mother with her hand and her eyes went wide.
"OUUUU BITCH!!!" Sydnie yelled
"Language syd" Kristin corrected.
"Why did you say you loved him?" Sydnie asked a bit more calm "that's a huge step for you"
"It was a bet, whoever lost had to do what the winner wanted and he wanted me to tell social media that I loved him  cause I..."
"Cause you what?"
"Isaiditoncebeforeandhesaiditback" she mumbled quickly.
"What? English please" Ava said.
"I said it once before and he said it back.."
Jack felt as though heart had been shattered.
Their was no question, he loved her; but she was slowly falling for someone else.
"DETAILS BITCHHHH" syd yelled again.
"Umm when I left yesterday I was ya know...crying. So he came over and he told me that whatever or whoever was making me cry was just temporary,and that I deserve happiness in the long run even if it means anxiety and sadness now"  her eyes shined and her skin began to glow, while jack began to fall apart.
"AHHEHEBSHBDH HES SO CUTEEEE"
Jack spaced out into his own thoughts as they continued the conversation.
-
Eventually breakfast needed and
They where done cleaning up and Stefanie was just standing there.
He was simply 'observing  her'.
Until finally he had the balls to do something. He walked up to her, took her by the hand and pulled her out of the house. They kept waking until she said something.
"Jack what are you doing?" She asked looking at him.
"Explaining."
"That's it?"
"No"
"Then?"
"I'm getting my best friend back. My girl."