23

I woke up with my head still laying on Daniel's bear chest. I moved my hand from his stomach ...I mean abs...up to my eyes and rubbed away the sleepiness. I looked up to Daniel and saw that he was awake.
"Morning" i say.
"You mean afternoon?" He giggles.
"What time is it?"
"2:45"
"We only slept for like 6 hours" I groaned, sitting up. I draped my legs over Daniels stomach as I sat up on the bed.
"I don't get how you could get used to your eyes" He said out of nowhere.
"What do you mean? Have you even seen yours?" I laughed.
"Yeah But... they're always so pretty" he sat up, so my legs were now on his. "I didn't realize how short you are until now" he giggled.
"Ohhhh realllyyyy? What caused this miraculous discovery?" I said sarcastically.
"When I was holding you," he smiled "you're just so small"
"Oh shut it!" I laughed throwing my pillow at him. "I'm 5' 2" and a half- actually no I'm 5'3" so ha!" (sAmE)
"Aawwweeee so wittle" he teased.
"Whatever" i smiled and stood up, about to take off the joggers.
"Woah! Woah! Woah!" He yelled. "No nudity!" He whispered yelled. I laughed so hard I ended up falling on the bed.
"Dani- I- I have - shorts" I said in between laughs. "Remember?"
"Oh right" he said tuning red. Once I calmed down I took off the joggers. The hoodie made it look like I wasn't wearing pants, at all. "You look lik-"
"Like I don't have pants?"
"Yeah" he laughed.
"Welllll, guess what?"
"Hmm?" He hummed looking up at me.
"This hoodie is mine!"
"What! Noooo! That was one of my favorites" he said gesturing to the light blue sweater.
"Too bad" I giggled and ran out of his room. I heard him chasing after me. I shortly realized that no one was here.
I stopped running and turned around, causing Daniel to fall. He put his hands on the side of my head so he wouldn't fall on top of me. His dog tag dangling down. My eyes met his and my heart stopped. We just looked at each other. Soon enough Jack and Zach came through the door, and looked at us. Daniel quickly pushed himself up and pulled me up. We dusted ourselves off and smiled at them.
"Hi"
"What was going on there?" Zach smirked.
"Nothing!" Me and Daniel said at the same time.
"He was chasing me and then I stopped, so we fell." I said.
"So Is that why Daniel doesn't have a shirt?" Zach gestured to Daniel.
"No, It's cause we just woke up." Daniel said running to the room putting on a shirt.
"Okay, here's some food" Jack said changing the topic, and placing two bags of Chipotle on the table.
"OH! YAY! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" I ran to Jack and hugged him. Everyone laughed at my reaction.
"No problem." He smiled wrapping his arms around me. "Sydnie, Ava, and Gabbie are coming." He said unpacking the food.
"Oh... cool. Where is everyone else?"
"At Zach's apartment just hanging out" Jack answered. "And don't you think, you need some pants" Jack laughed.
"No she doesn't" Zach winked. Both Daniel and Jack smacked him.
"I have shorts on" i said raising the hoodie- Jack immediately ran to me and pulled it down.
"Don't give him a reason to flirt" he laughed.
"Okay"
"Come on man, why would I flirt with your girl!" Zach laughed, not realizing what he said.
"Oh...i-" He was cut of by the door opening revealing Sydnie, Ava, and Gabbie. "Great." I whispered.
We set the table and began to eat.
"Nice hoodie." Sydnie winked looking at me and then at Daniel.
"Oh my God! Everyone keeps saying something about it" I laughed and stood up. I put my hands at the bottom of the hoodie and pulled it off. I pulled my hair out of the pony tail- feeling the my head immediately relax and flipped it to the side.
"Woah " Zach breathed out. "That was really hot-"
"Keep talking and I will kill you" Jack glared at Zach. Zach put his hands up in defense.
"Sorry It's not my fault she hot" he shrugged. I giggled. Jack clenched his jaw.
"He's right... it's not my fault I'm hot." I said putting my hand on Jacks arm, trying to relax him. Our conversations continued, eventually we ended up talking about childhood stories.
"Remember the promise we made when we where like 5" I smiled turning to Jack.
"Oh yeah, my mom still has the video!" He smiled back.
"Wait what?" Zach asked.
"Ohhhh! I love this story!" Ava said.
"Yeah me too!"Sydnie agreed.
"Um you wanna tell it, you always tell it better?" Jack asked.
"Sure." I nodded. "So when Jack and i where 5 we where celebrating something for one of my brothers- I don't remember what,but I was wearing a white dress and Jack was wearing a little tux.
  Me and him where sitting on the floor playing with some building blocks when Sydnie came in pretending to filme with a camera that she got from Kristen. I guess after a while Kristen needed Sydnie's help. So Syd accidentally turned the camera on, and left it filming us. So Jack asked me if I knew what love was-because he saw it on sponge bob, and I said yeah, because I loved him, and he said it back." I smiled.
"Awwwe!" Zach cooed.
"Wait you're missing the best part!"Ava gushed.
"Oh... uh- you say it" i said to Jack.
"Oh,um okay" he looked at Gabbie and let out a breath
"I ran around the room yelling 'I wuv you' then when I stopped i made Stefanie promise that... that when we got old enough that she would marry me" he blushed and smiled,putting his head down. Almost everyone 'awed' except for Gabbie. I looked at her than looked down. I'll never be as great as her. I felt someone's eyes on me- once i looked I saw that Jack was looking at me. He was sitting right next to me.
"You okay?" He whispered while everyone else continued their conversations.
"Mhm" I said bitting my lower lip.
"No you're not."
"Yes-"
"No you're not, because you're bitting your lip."
He said in a duh tone. "What is it?" I put my head back down, not answering him.
"Hey i'm gonna take Stef up to her room, and get her settled in" Jack said sweetly, while standing up.
"Okay, see you later Laura" Daniel smiled, giving me a hug.
"Bye Dani" I answered standing on my tippy toes and burying my head into the crock of his neck.
"Nice nicknames" Sydnie smiled. "You two would be a great couple." Daniel and I looked at each other and smiled, trying not to laugh. "See how cute!" She  exclaimed, making Daniel and I laugh.
"Sure Syd" i laughed.  
"Bye Dani love you" I smiled, and walking away from him.
"Bye, Love you"
"Bye Zach" I walked over and hugged him.
"Bye cutie" he smiled.
"And I'll see you guys at the apartment" i said waving. Jack and I walked out and it was quiet.
"So... how long has that been going on?" He asked.
"What?"
"The 'I love you Dani'" he said mocking me.
"Not long, but he's alway been there for me. He's like my big brother." I smiled.
"Just your big brother, nothing more?" He said with a little excitement.
"Yeah" I giggled.
"How about you and Gabriela"
"A few months." He shrugged.
"Nice, glad to see you happy."
"Is it bad that i wish it was you."
"What?"
"I don't know. Every time I kiss her, I wish it was you. Every time I hold her at night I wish it was you. Every time I say I love you I wish I was saying it to you. I wish you where mine."
"Jack I-"
"I know. It's a stupid question, of course it's a bad thing- but I can't help it." We reached a door.
"Jack. I love you. I really do, but I don't want to hurt her- or...or to be your back up plan."
"I know."
"Life is fucked up, but it's our decisions that make it worse." I sighed. "Just be careful and don't hurt anyone."
"I already have."
"Who?"
"You." There was a moment of silence.
"It's okay Jack. Just be happy. Your happiness is one of the most important things to me, don't worry." I kissed his cheek.
"Stefanie-"
"Jack." I said softly. "Mine. It's something you should be, but you chose her." He stood there frozen.
"I love you more than anything."
He said getting closer. "Nothing or no one could change that."
"I love you too"
"You will be..." his voice drifted off.
"What? What will I be?"
"Mine"