Goodbye?

Authors POV:

Sebastian sighs as he stares down at your sleeping form. He had expected you to be awake at this hour, but that didn't appear to be the case. You were far too exhausted from last night's events, and your body had temporarily powered down. He walks over to the curtains before opening them up to shed light on your figure. This didn't even disturb your slumber in the slightest. He sighs once more. He had hoped to apologize to you while you were awake, but he had no time to deal with you being angry at him for waking you. He arranges the objects, that were previously held in his arms, on your nightstand. He gives you a final glance. Your breathing was steady as you held onto Derek loosely. You were still in your damp hoodie from last night. You clearly didn't bother to remove it because you were too lazy and tired. He smiles lightly as he cups your cheek with his gloved hand.

"Even as a goddess, you remain a mess." He chuckles to himself as he pulls his hand away. "I'm terribly sorry, Y/N. You certainly are a dear friend of mine." He turns his back and exits your room. He had expected this to be the last time he would ever see you, yet deep down he knew that wasn't true in the slightest.

Your POV:

A small groan escapes my lips as I open my eyes. I immediately block the sun from my vision.

"Who the hell opened my curtains?" I grumble as I yawn and rub the sleep out of my eyes. I found myself shocked when my gaze transfixes itself on display of objects on my nightstand. A glass vase was filled with white roses that were bound together by a black, velvet ribbon. Beside that was a black box wrapped in a black and white striped ribbon. I knew that inside was a card stating the date Ciel Phantomhive had died and a Funtom brand lollipop. However, what truly surprised me was a red envelope. I reach over and break its wax seal.

'Dear Y/N L/N,

It has been a pleasure having you work alongside us for a long while. Yes, we've had quite a few disputes and rough patches, and I truly hope you will forgive me for my past actions. My apology is as sincere as it comes from a being like myself. I don't doubt that we'll somehow meet again in the near future.

Until then,

Sebastian Michaelis.'

I blink in surprise when a wet substance leaks from the corner of my eye. I knew this wasn't the last time we would meet each other, so why was I crying? I wipe the tear away and stand up. I place the card back where I found it before going to greet my servants for the morning...okay, it was the afternoon, but still. I mainly just wished to apologize for my off behavior last night. I wanted to explain what went down.