Superviser

Your POV:

"God, I hate that." I say as I rub the side of my head that throbbed in pain.

'Where am I now?' I raise a brow as I glance around at my surroundings. It wasn't the reaper world, I knew that. Wherever I am is definitely set in an older year. It's dark outside, but I manage to capture a familiar redhead in my sights, though, his hair had apparently been cut short. It was hard to miss such a flamboyant reaper.

"Well, I'm stupid. I time traveled again, didn't I?" I say to myself with a sigh, throwing my head back to look up at the twinkling stars above. The streets stunk far worse than it did in regular Black Butler time, though, it made sense, since people were literally tossing their all their garbage out into the street.

"This place needs some Febreeze," I note as plugged my nose for a few moments. I steadily approached the pair of young reapers, eventually getting past the smell and taking to breathing through my mouth.

"Hey!" I shout to gain their attention. They turn to me with brows raised in confusion as I waved my arms frantically above my head. I stop once I get on the same rooftop as them.

"And, who the hell are you?" Grell asks, looking more annoyed than usual. William lowers his binoculars as he looks me over in suspicion.

"Y/N. I'm here to supervise," I expertly lie with hesitation. Good thing I thought up something so quick, otherwise they might get suspicious...well, even more so than now.

"Supervise? I thought the test was to be done by us alone?" William questions, his brow raising. I can see it in his stunning, green eyes that he knew something was different about me. He was catching on quick to what my species is, while Grell was left in the dark as always.

"It was my own decision. I can assure you, I come from the very top and am able to come and go as I please." I smile at the two. "Besides, might as well do something while I'm here, right?"

Grell crosses his arms and pouts, while William goes back to searching for the target.

"I've found him." He points towards a window, and we both have a look in the direction he pointed. The man has long, blonde hair that's tied back with a brown ribbon and is wearing a white button up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, along with a brown vest, and a bow tie. His lower half was blocked, however, by a desk as he wrote vigorously, but he was likely wearing black pants. A single candle illuminated the small room to allow him to see the words he wrote on the paper in ink.

"That's Thomas Wallace, born in Bristol in 1779. He's an aspiring novelist."

"A novelist, eh? How dreadfully typical. He's probably poor and talentless with no love life to speak of." Grell opens the black book he was given to reveal the information of Thomas. He holds a stamp above the paper, prepared to mark it as completed. "Well, that's that. This one's cleared for death."

William snatches the book from him before he could stamp it, surprising and angering the redhead reaper.

"We should use all the time allotted to investigate," Will explains his actions, wanting to do the test correctly.

"Oh, my. Mister B average is talking back. How fabulous." Grell unsheathes his temporary death scythe and attempts to strike at Will. Having my instincts take over, I appear between them and grab both their sickles by the blades before they could clash. My hands glitch and hurt badly, but I focus on glaring at Grell, who stares at me with wide, nearly frightened, eyes.

"That's enough. There is no reason to argue like this," I state calmly, sending Will a light smile. He has an equally shocked expression to match Grell's. I turn to grin at the redhead.

"You were given a month for your exam. It might be wise to observe Thomas for a little longer just to be sure. Sometimes people aren't meant to die just yet. Keep in mind that if you make a mistake, you'll both fail your exams," I say with a proud smile.

'Damn, I'm so good at pretending to be a supervisor that I can almost convince myself!'

"You're both dreadfully dull." He scoffs before pulling away. "Do whatever you like, but I'm telling you, it's a bloody waste of our time."

We both relax, and I release William's death scythe.

"So, when is the collection scheduled for again?"

Will adjusts his glasses.

"A month on December sixteenth at four o'clock in the afternoon. We should get to work." With a nod in agreement, we go to find a place to rest for the night. On the way to find a hotel or something, I choose to speak to Grell.

"You were being a little harsh back there, don't you think?"

He huffs and turns away from me, clearly not willing to speak to me after my little stunt. I pout.

'First Sebastian, now Grell. Is everyone in this universe a jerk?'

"I like your old attitude better," I mutter, stuffing my hands into the pockets of my red coat.

"What the devil is that supposed to mean!?"

A grin stretches my lips before I stick my tongue out at the redhead, angering him further. This was gonna be fun. Fuming, he marches away from me to walk ahead of us while I laugh hysterically. William comes to walk beside me and takes a few moments before saying,

"Thank you. You did not have to step in."

"It's my job to prevent assholes like Grell from hurting people I care about. I've been slacking lately, so I figured I'd do you a favor." I smile at him, meaning something different than what he probably thought I meant. To him, I'm a supervisor, but I was mainly referring to my "duties" as a god. I made it my goal to help my loved ones, and I'm angry with myself for allowing Alois and the triplets to die. William wasn't as uptight as he is in the present...well, my past, his present...but this is also his present? Ugh! Time travel, man. Why does it have to be so complicated?

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you? Not even a reaper could live if a death scythe were to kill them."

"I'm a god," I say simply and softly. He seemed amazed, but returned to his monotonous look soon after. We stop in front of an Inn.

"I'll pay for us, don't worry." I walk past them, and they follow me in. I get us a few rooms to stay in for the night, and we all get some rest.

The next month would be interesting for the two reapers.