[Chapter Eight] Liam

I shouldn't be Jealous,
                                    You aren't even mine
                                              - Unknown

Chapter Eight – Liam

She kept her distance from me all night and inside I was seething because Asher knew that I wouldn't like this. She stayed with Kalila for the majority of the night and then started branching off with a few other people. She didn't drink but I did.

I needed alcohol to get through this night as I watched her be friendly with a few other guys. Asher looked pleased with himself.

"It getting to you?" he asked me and I took a large drink of beer

"Nope." I lied and he snorted

"Okay. Well I'm going to find a lovely lady to dance with." He finished his drink and left to go get someone while one guy put a hand on Addie's back and lead her to sit down by the fire to roast marshmallows.

I glared as I watched him lean in and whisper something in her ear which caused her to laugh, that laugh that I always loved hearing and now I hated it. I grabbed another beer and kept my eyes on her, you know, just in case something happened to her.

That's what I told myself, I was only watching her to make sure that she was okay. I know she can freak out in no time if someone touched her wrong or said something to make her think if her past.

The guy reached down for her hand and she took it with a smile as he led her into the sea of people that were dancing. I watched him put his hands on her and I watched her face but she didn't seem the least bit bothered as she put her arms around him and lightly swayed to the music so she didn't hurt her stomach.

He spun her so her back was to his front and she would look back and smiled at him as they danced from one song to another and it took all it had in me to not rip the guy from her.

"You okay?" Asher asked, his gaze following my glare.

"I'm fine." I went to take another swig and he grabbed the beer from me

"How many have you had?" he asked and I grabbed it and finished it.

"Four, I'm fine mom." I rolled my eyes

"You trying to kill him with your eyes?" he asked and I glared at him

"Shut up."

"I thought it didn't affect you." he asked seeming pleased with himself.

"Yeah well we all know that was a lie. You know damn well that it does." I walked away and I found a girl to dance with. I made eye contact with Addie and she gave me a small smile but that was it. I tried to get into dancing with this girl but apparently she thought this night would be ending a lot differently than I did. She was too touchy and so I excused myself from her and turned to see the guy lean down and kiss her.

She shook her head and backed away and he looked at her apologetically and she went to walk away and he grabbed her arm and she was about to freak out. I got there at the same time Kalila did.

"Let her go." Kalila told him and I pulled her against me and she was breathing hard.

"I didn't mean anything by it, I'm sorry." He seemed nice enough and she nodded

"It's okay." But it wasn't, not for her. it was innocent on his part but it freaked her out. I glared at Kalila

"What were you thinking bringing her here?" I hissed at her annoyed and she rolled her eyes

"I was thinking that she deserves to have some fun which I'm sure you notice she was doing before well, he kissed her."

"She's still hurt Kalila, you can't just drag her out here when she's not fully healed."

"Do we have to have this conversation here?" she asked annoyed and people were starting to look. I had my arms wrapped around her still and she pulled them off and stepped away.

We walked to the side and she looked at all three of us.

"I'm not a child and thank you guys for looking out for me but I'm okay. I wouldn't be dancing if my stomach was hurting right now. My stitches are out it's just tender. Thank you Liam, but I'm okay." She grabbed my hand and squeezed it in thanks before walking away.

She seemed to be doing a lot better with this moving on thing than I was. I didn't drink anymore and I had to watch from afar as she danced with a bunch of other people. none of them got touchy with her again they all looked to be friends and the guy from before went up to her and she patted his arm and they danced some more.

"No more alcohol for you buddy." Asher said

"What now? You've already proved your point." I told him

"It's only going to get worse, you ready for that?" he asked me

"I'll have to be, won't I." I walked away not wanting to hear what he had to say next and found an old friend to dance with knowing that she wouldn't get touchy with me of think we were hooking up tonight.

As I spent more time dancing with her I felt myself relaxing more and actually having fun.

We all partied and people started disappearing to sleep or do whatever it was that they did. Addie sat in the sand and looked exhausted so I excused myself and sat beside her.

"Hey." I said

"Hey." She yawned

"Tired?" I asked her and she nodded

"Come on." I stood up and held a hand out for her

"What?" she asked me

"Let's go to bed, I'll keep you safe." I told her and she shook her head

"I told you, you can't do this to me." she looked upset

"Are you just not going to sleep the whole weekend, come on." I picked her up and she protested of course

"Liam put me down." She smacked my chest

"Shush, people are going to get the wrong idea." I told her and I watched Kalila and Asher smile as I took her into the tent.

"Yeah and you carrying me in here is going to give it to them too." She crossed her arms as I put her down.

"Just get changed." I told her.

"My clothes aren't in here." I tossed her a pair of boxers and a shirt. She sighed but I think she was too tired to really protest. She winced as she went to pull her shirt off.

"Let me help." I gently pulled her shirt and tank top over her and adverted my eyes from her nearly bare chest as I slide my shirt over her. I got her boots off and looked away as she changed and laid down and she adverted her eyes while I changed too.

"Let me see." I gently pushed her on her back and raised the shirt to look at her stomach.

"Addie you need to take it easy tomorrow."

"I know, I pushed it a little hard today." I couldn't help it when I leaned down and kissed the bruised area of her skin and she took in a shaky breath.

"Liam please don't." she pleaded with me and I nodded as I laid down beside her and pulled the blankets over us.

"Come here." I told her when she hesitated but she came over and laid her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her and it didn't take long for her to drift off to sleep.

"What am I doing?" I asked myself as she lay there peacefully sleeping in my arms and for this night it was like nothing had changed but I knew that when we woke up reality will come back because everything has changed.