[Chapter Forty] Liam

All real places, all places i've actually been, trying to put some of the best of seattle into one date. AND i went to the gum wall and actually, with my amazing boyfriend, did the L+A heart. picture on the side :)                             

                                      We all make mistakes,
                                               have struggles
                                 and even regret things in our past.
                         But you are not your mistakes,
                                     you are not your struggles
                                               and you are here NOW
               with the power to shape your day and your future
                                                           -Steve Maraboli

Chapter Forty - Liam

I didn't know what to think after we left that court room, we were all just thrown for a loop and I wasn't quite sure what the hell was going on after that. Addie was quiet as ever as we went back home and I was a little un-nerved by her questioning him. You could feel something between them and for a minute I could feel the love she had for him and it unsettled me and I admit, made me jealous.

We would have the next couple days off from trial and I would have them off from work so I was taking Addie out on a date, I can't even remember the last time we went out and I think it would be a good distraction.

Well by me taking her out I mean have her take me out since I don't know anything about what to do around here, she was going to bring me to some places and show me Seattle, though I'm already not a fan of it, too many people and chaos and stop lights and buildings.

But first we were all taking time off to spend time at home the next day and no one really talked about what just happened, it was clear that Addie didn't want to and it was a great day, I was happy to see her smiling again and interacting with people. She's been so closed off since she's been here I just want to see my baby happy again.

She was with me and we hugged and cuddled and kissed but it was more like she was just going through the motions right now and I wanted to see the fire back in her again so as soon as it was a reasonable time to be up, I had her up and nearly placed her into the shower myself to get ready for the day, we were spending the whole time in the city and I didn't care how much it would cost or the weird places we would go, but we were doing it.

"What first?" I asked and her arms were crossed in slight irritation, well maybe more than slight.

"Well since you pulled me out of bed, tossed me in the shower and dragged me from my home without feeding me, I would suggest food." Way more than slightly. I was afraid if I didn't get her out immediately than she wouldn't have come, that she would have found a way out of it and I wanted to take her out and make her smile.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked and a ghost smile appeared for about two seconds before it was gone.

"There's a café in Wallingford I'd love to go back to, Essential Baking Company." She said and I just went with it as I drove where she told me to go. It was easy to tell that this place was home to her, she knew it so well and had no trouble where as I would have ended up in Canada by now.

What do I have to say about the city? People such at driving and I hate stop lights. I think I hit them all and got more aggravated with each one much to Addie's amusement, at least she was smiling.

When we pulled up we parked in back and I grabbed her hand as we walked up in. It was a cute little place but it was also pretty busy. She walked up and grabbed me a menu and she didn't even seem to need one as she looked around the place.