[Chapter Thirty] Liam

You never know how strong you are
                      Until being strong
                             is your only choice

Chapter Thirty – Liam

We were heading into another full day for court, this was already getting exhausting. I wish that they could just know what we know and this could all be over for her and we could get on with our lives with them in jail.

I didn’t like that there was a chance they could go free, I hated that there was a chance that this could all be for nothing, if she went through all of this and they got off I think it would just kill Addie, it would be like the final blow.

It would be like proving to her that they can do anything they want, that there are no consequences for their horrible actions and that she’ll have to live the rest of her life knowing that fighting back did nothing.

I just wanted to know how this was all going to end and I couldn’t imagine how she was feeling on the subject.

She’s been very quiet all day, she got up and showered and got ready for court. She looked beautiful in a green dress with a jacket. She was trying to give off a wholesome vibe since her appearance would be taken into account because of her parents accusations towards her.

I think she gives that vibe and appearance off every day, she’s good inside and out and to me she’s still pure, she had her choices taken away and I think she needs to see that someone still sees her that way. I just wish that she would believe me.

As we walked into court, she still hasn’t said anything. She held me hand as the rest of us walking in but this time she didn’t squeeze the life out of my hand or anything, she was calm and collected and I was wondering where all this confidence was coming from.

She was in a jacket to hide the bandage on her wrist so they didn’t have more ammo against her.

We sat and they got started and they called a girl named Lacy to the stand. She was a little blonde girl with glasses, her hair was straightened and she looked professional and maybe about twenty-five.

“So Miss. Taylor, how do you know my client?” Nathan asked her

“I’m a nurse at the emergency room she would come into.”

“What would she come in for?” he asked her and she looked comfortable, like she’s done this a million times.

“She would come in for a rape kit and stitches.”

“What state was she in when she got there?” he asked and sadness flashed in her eyes as she looked at Addison but she composed herself.

“She was always bleeding from her legs or stomach and she had bruises and then vaginal trauma.” I saw Addie cringe when she said the last part but otherwise remained composed.

“Did Miss. Gregory ever tell you what happened to her?” he asked and she nodded

“Not at first but I saw her quite a bit and she eventually opened up to me and told me what was going on since I couldn’t say anything.”

“What did she tell you?” Nathan asked the nurse, as far as her parents knew she told absolutely no one while it was happening so I looked over at them and they were starting to look worried, they tore Addie apart on the stand but there wasn’t much they could do to the nurses today.

Doctors and nurses are to respect the identity of rape victims, if they don’t want it reported they can’t report it without serious trouble and if Addie told her the truth and talked to her about it, it meant that someone knew what was going on and they couldn’t claim she was just making it up because they broke up.