[Chapter Forty-Three] Addie

I'm not a perfect person.
                                            I make a lot of mistakes.
                              But I really appreciate those people
                        who stay with me after knowing how I really am.

Chapter Forty-Three –Addie

The flight was hard, I cried a lot and slept the rest of the way. When I got back home it was bitter-sweet. There were a lot of memories of him and I here and that made me cry until the next morning I freaking pulled myself together.

He wasn't dead, he wasn't gone forever and we weren't breaking up. We were fine and he had his life to get in order and so did I. I was being irrational and so I took a shower, washed my face and Keisha sat in the bathroom with me, he wouldn't let me out of his sight.

I took a long and hard look in the mirror, I stood in a bra and underwear as I looked at my body, there were so many scars that I wouldn't be able to count, it was a reminder of a bitter and horrible past, but it was my new past. I wouldn't ever have to worry again.

This was my past, I was twenty years old and wouldn't let those twenty year make me miserable for the next sixty or so, sure it was probably about a quarter of my life but I still had three of those left.

People had better lives than me and worse, life sucks sometimes but if I let myself be miserable I was letting them win, they were gone and in jail and found guilty and I just couldn't let them control my life anymore.

I was stronger than they always said I was; fighting back was proof of that. That scared and weak girl they said I was is gone, she doesn't exist anymore and she's not coming back.

I sat on my bed with Kalila staring at me phone, I slept okay last night but I still had nightmares, and this is why Mom wanted me to go to therapy right away, she didn't want me to suppress them and have to cause more damage later trying to help me through them, they were fresh and I agreed sooner is better than later.

"Turn it on Addie." Asher sat ion my other side making Keisha move, which is wasn't happy about.

I took a deep breath and I pushed the power button turning my phone back on, It's been off since Than came to my class because I didn't want to answer questions and now I would see what was waiting for me.

I sat my phone down and it was one chime after another of missed calls, texts and voicemails and it just seemed to ring none stop. Every time I thought it was done it would start up again, when it had indeed finally stopped I saw the hundreds of missed calls and texts and I'm sure I would have more voicemails but it was full, that much I knew.

"Do you want us to stay with you?" Asher asked and I looked at Kalila

"I think you should do it alone Addie, they care about you." she said and I nodded

"Come get us if you need us." Asher and Kalila both left me in my room; Keisha jumped back up on my bed and rested his head in my lap. I ran my fingers through his fur as I went to my voicemails.

"Addie, what the heck happed? Who was that guy and oh my god are you okay. Call me back." Bonnie said and then it went to the next

"What the fuck is going on and why did you tell me to kill that guy, did he really do that to you, call me back, I need to know you're alright." Tyson's voice rang through and I cringed remembering that day in class.

"Hey baby girl what's going on? I heard some stuff and there's rumors flying, are they true? I'm worried about you, call me back." Natalie's soft voice spoke and it was like being in another place listening.