[Chapter Nine] Addie

"A broken heart bleeds tears."
                              ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free

Chapter Nine – Addie

When I woke up in the morning Liam was still sound asleep underneath me. I lay there and for just a couple more minutes I let myself believe that nothing has changed. I relished in his touch and how he held onto me and wished with all my heart that it could be different but I already knew that as soon as he woke up he would make an excuse to leave and then we would be back to how we've been the past few weeks.

I wasn't stupid enough to think that this really meant anything to him and I kept telling myself it didn't mean anything to me but in all honesty, it did.

I tried to make it look like I was okay but inside I was dying over it and I knew that we would never get back together.

I just couldn't see us ever together again after he left me when I needed him the most, it proves to me that I can't count on him when things get difficult, I can't count on him to listen to my side of things before he judges and with that I pulled myself out of his arms and instantly felt the cold set in.

I sat up and put my head on my knees, much to the protest of my stomach.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked and I remembered this was his tent

"I should go." I crawled out of bed and like always he just had to stop me, he couldn't just let me leave, he always had to make it so much harder on me then it had to be.

"Addie what's wrong?" he turned my face to his and I know he could see the water well up in my eyes

"Nothing." I turned away from him but he wouldn't let me leave.

"Tell me." he tilted my chin up to meet his gaze and I swallowed hard at the proximity.

"Please just let me go." I whispered but he couldn't, he just had to make things so much worse when he tangled his hand through the back of my hair and kissed me and I wasn't strong enough to push him away even though I know it was going to hurt me more.

I kissed him back and he pulled me into his lap and slowly swiped his tongue against my lips I held onto him as he kissed me like he would die if he stopped and it was needy and desperate and gentle. His hands went under my shirt around my back and he put both palms on the small of my back to hold me closer to him.

I didn't realize I was crying until we pulled back and he rested his forehead against mine. I could sense his eyes were open but I kept mine close as I sank my teeth into my bottom lip so it wouldn't tremble. I know he didn't mean it and I know this changed nothing.

"I'm sorry I-"

"Please just don't say it, you don't need to say it I get it." I finally opened my eyes and it was like a dam broke as the water poured down my cheeks and he closed his eyes this time and his face looked like he was in pain.

"Addie." He touched my face and I pushed away from him, falling back  and shook my head at him

"Why do you keep doing this to me!" I yelled at him

"I'm sorry." He told me and he reached for me again so I swatted his hand away.

"No, you don't get to do this! You don't get to walk away and then do this when I'm finally starting to accept it, you don't get to fucking kiss me or touch me like you used to. No!" I yelled at him

"I'm sorry"

"Yeah, you're always sorry." I yanked the zipper open and he called after me as I ran from his tent and into mine. Kalila was sitting there