[Chapter Twenty-Six] Liam

Everybody's been stared down by the enemy

               Fallen for the fear
                          And done some disappearing,
               Bow down to the mighty
         Don't run, just stop holding your tongue

   Maybe there's a way out of the cage where you live
      Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
                     Show me how big your brave is

          Say what you wanna say
                       And let the words fall out
               Honestly I wanna see you be brave
                         With what you want to say
                               And let the words fall out
                Honestly I wanna see you be brave

               Innocence, your history of silence
                          Won't do you any good,
                 Did you think it would?
               Let your words be anything but empty
                 Why don't you tell them the truth?

                                     Sara Bareilles : Brave

Chapter Twenty-Six – Liam

I saw her stiffen when he came in and I glared at him as he just stared at her but she was refusing to look at him. They opened up with the charges and stuff and then Nathan stood up to talk about the case to the jury. He talked about what happened to her and how she suffered through the years and then her parents started.

They talked about how she was always a problem child and how she never listened. She was rebellious and snuck out to party from a young age. They said how she had issues with attention and would cut herself to try to gain theirs and then say it was Than.

They said she was into sleeping around and that was how she got the bruises and said that everything between them sex wise was consensual.

I was proud of her when she held her tongue and stayed quiet but with not being too far away I could see her digging her hands into her palms and I wished I could just take both her hands in mine so she wouldn't hurt herself.

Nathan grabbed her wrist and rubbed circles to try to get her to relax a little and thankfully she did.

Addie was called up first to the stand swearing to tell the truth.

I hated that, in every case someone put their hand on that bible and swore to tell the truth and someone was always lying when they did it.

They were starting with the case against the three men.

"Addison how old were you when you first started dating Than Jackson?" he asked her

"I was fifteen." She replied calmly

"And how old was he?" he asked though he already knew

"He was nineteen; almost twenty." She told him and I closed my eyes and took a breath, he was that old dating someone that young? That wasn't right.

"Would you say you had a good relationship?" he asked

"Yes, at first things were great. He was charming and sweet."