[Chapter Thirty-Two] Liam

Words don't have the power to hurt you
       Unless the person who said them means a lot to you

Chapter Thirty-Two – Liam

I hated hearing all these lies about her. How they were in love and he would have loved to have a child with her, how they didn’t want to hurt that asshole. It all made me furious and I looked at Lalan, Ethan, Kalila and Asher and they looked like they felt the same as me.

He was fucking sick, they all were!

Lalan and Ethan, my parents; those were real parents, these people sitting there defending their daughters rapist were poor excuses for not just parents but human beings.

How could you let someone ra pe and attack your child like that? I think that every damn day and I still can’t figure out an answer. I just don’t and can’t and will never understand how a parent could put their child through that.

I don’t ever want to understand her parents because I never want to be like them and I know Addie’s striving for understanding but I don’t want her to be able to understand either because only a sick person could understand why they did what they did and are doing what they’re doing now.

I can’t believe their reputation and status was put above her like that.

“Bastard.” Asher mumbled and I cracked a smile, I know that it was probably inappropriate to smile right now but his hate for these guys was mutual among her family.

Kalila grabbed my hand as he continued to talk about how they made love and her nails dug into my skin as he once again said how much he loved her.

That pissed me off too, they attacked and brutally r aped her, it’s insulting to the notion of love to say that he made love to her.

That was what I would do to her, take care of her, love her, appreciate her and be gentle with her. I would take my time so we could be together right. I love her and this sick, Asher said it well, bastard will have to stand before god one day and face his sins.

I was religious but not the kind that shoves it down someone’s throat and It makes me sick that he said all that after putting his hand on that bible and swearing to tell the truth.

Addie was handling this a lot better than all of us were, we were all tense and angry and she would tense up but she was so calm and collected. She kept good posture and had her hands folded into her lap as she listened to what they said.

I wondered why there was such a change in her.

Personally, I hated Lucas the most out of the two boys, at least the other one didn’t sit there and pretend to care about her and love her, he just said they hooked up. I hated Jason less but I still hated them both and that was saying something, I was raised not to hate anyone.

My parents always told me that hate was a strong and negative emotion and you shouldn’t hate.

They hated these people too.

That was really saying something about those three boys up there scrambling to cover up their crime and to cover for each other.

How could they look over at Addie and not feel guilty for what they did to her, if she wasn’t sent here she would probably be dead by now, she told me she didn’t think she would make it to twenty-one the way they treated her and I believed her.

I was worried for how she would react when Than took the stand.

As it all wrapped up and came over and like yesterday gave me a kiss and took my hand as we walked out of the court room all together.