[Chapter Thirty-Three] Addie

Life is like a circus...
                      Random and full of surprises

Chapter Thirty-Three – Addie

They’re all looking at me like I’m insane. Liam had gone to work yesterday after the trial and we went home, they all stared at me, in that awkward way they do when they’re trying to figure me out because I wasn’t saying anything.

I don’t know why they’re freaking out about it.

Today was Saturday and we had the weekend off, court would start back up again Monday, which was fantastic, heavy sarcasm intended. We were all hanging around the house since people wouldn’t leave me alone about the case and I didn’t want to go out.

Liam went to work to put in extra hours since he’s been missing some and he would be home by two.

I was trying to read a book but I couldn’t, I could feel all their eyes on me which made it very hard to concentrate on reading.

“Would you guys stop?” I asked them and they jumped hearing my voice like I had suddenly gone mute again and I rolled my eyes

“Addie, are you alright?” Auntie asked

“I’m fine, I’m just trying to be normal and you’re all treating me like a science experiment. I’m not going to turn into a dinosaur.” I said and they averted their eyes

“Sorry.” At least Kalila said it and I went back to reading but I didn’t even have to look up to know they were staring again

“It’s creepy guys.” I informed them and I sighed and shut my book before going to my room to have some peace and quiet. I laid on my stomach and put the book on the bed in front of me and opened it back up, so I liked romance and wanted to be alone with my thoughts, sue me.

I got lost in the pages until I felt a hand on my back and I looked over and was surprised to see Liam home.

“You know you can’t keep hiding away from them baby.” He kissed the top of my head and I shrugged

“I don’t like how much they stare, it’s creepy and uncomfortable.”

“Try talking to them.” he suggested and I shrugged again.

“There’s always tomorrow, I just don’t know what to say and neither to they, so it can get a little uncomfortable sometimes. I love them though.” I told him and he reached out and marked my page before shutting my book.

“Spend time with your family, you can’t just spend it all with me and alone.”

“I just want some quiet sometimes, it’ not that I don’t want to spent time with them or love them, sometimes I just want to be alone and there is nothing wrong with that, sometimes a person needs some time to themselves.” He laid in bed with me and I curled up against his side with my head on his chest, my favorite position.

“I understand that but we’re all worried about you Addie, we don’t want you to do what you did that night again and shutting yourself off makes us worry more.” I hated thinking about that, it was a weak moment and it wouldn’t happen again.

“Yeah well I’m tired of talking about it Liam, I’m tired of everyone freaking asking me if I’m okay and I’m tired of this whole trial! Do you think I’m really okay? No, not really but as for now it’s as okay as I can be. I’m handling it and I’m not going to off myself so for the time being that seems like I’m fine to me.” I sat up and he reached out to me but I turned away from him.

“I didn’t mean to upset you.” he said and I stood as soon as he touched my arm

“Yeah well you all have no fucking clue what I’m going through, none! I’m trying to get through this with my sanity and you guys bringing it up every five minutes doesn’t help. I’m tired of reliving it over and over again. I’m tired of feeling their hands on my body, the ache I feel between my thighs from them tearing me open when they were too drunk and too rough with me. I’m tired of having to remember their taunts and sick smiles as they passed a knife around. I’m tired of it all. I just want it to go away and you guys won’t let me have peace! I just want you guys to drop it when I’m home, don’t you think I have to think about it enough in that court room?” I asked him