[Chapter Nineteen] Addie

It's not the break up that truly hurts
                        It's the heartache you feel  
                          Everytime you hear their name
                                   See, or remember them

Chapter Nineteen – Addie

Kalila refused to let me mope around the house about Liam because she was both a pain in the ass and a good cousin. I was hurting about it and it hurt more because he was hurting too. It's hard to see a man cry and it's even harder when he's the only person you can see your life with.

Kalila would drag me out to bonfires and barbeques and I started hanging out with some kids from class, most of them from my Music class.

Bonnie was a tall and beautiful blonde with pretty blue eyes who all the guys stared after, she was very down to earth and played the piano, Rylan was a sweet guy, he was tall with short brown hair and blue eyes and he had an amazing voice. Natalie was the shortest of us all, she was extremely shy and very bubbly with her half blonde half brown hair and bright smile. Tyson was the big joker and would give us all crap because he was black and we were all white and then Trent, he was a lot like Bonnie and I think he had a thing for her. He was the most talented and played practically everything. He too was tall and had a mature look about him for being so young.

It was them, Kalila and I. us seven were always together and for once I felt like a normal teenager. I felt what it's like to have friends and a life. We all would get together and play and sing or we would go to the movies. They came over all the time and we would to go bonfires.

It was awkward though because Trent and Asher were friends which meant sometimes Liam was around too and we haven't spoken a word since he told me he was giving me space a  couple weeks ago. I admit I missed him.

I took Kalila's advice and went on some dates with Rylan but there was nothing there. He was a sweet guy but either it was too soon for me or he just wasn't the one.

He didn't make my heart speed up when he was around, he didn't calm me down with just one touch and he didn't look at me like I was the most beautiful thing in the world.

In all honesty I think every guy is going to come second to Liam because he was there for me all summer and he's the reason I'm still fighting even if he doesn't know it. He showed me to be strong and to fight, he showed me that there is nothing wrong with me.

He see's my scars and he doesn't see the ugly, just the beautiful.

Would Rylan ever think that?

What are they even going to say when this goes to trial?

We have a date set and I'm forced to miss the two weeks of class but my teachers are letting me either take my finals early or e-mail them since they all know what's going on.

It was less than a month away, exactly three weeks and to say I was freaking out would be an understatement. I was waiting for him, I knew he was going to come I just didn't know when.

Would it be soon or would it be last minute to shake me up right before the trial?

I've shared everything with Nathan, he's seen the pictures and knows every detail of what happened to me and that was hard for both of us to accept. I had to accept what happened to me and he had to accept that his son, his only child, was a monster.

My ticket was already bought to fly up the week before the trial and Asher and Kalila were coming a week after that, taking their finals a few days early to be there when it started. Everyone else was coming up too, grandparents, aunt, uncle and all.

It was so strange that they would be there to support me since I just found out they existed.

I was starting to get my life back, I was finally fighting back, finally accepting what happened, and I was finally finding peace in my past.

I still had my days where I would lock myself in the shower and scrub at my skin almost until it bled because my nightmares were so real and they were getting worse as the date came closer but I know that when the trial is done I'll finally be able to really figure out my life.

I don't know if he'll get off or what he'll get charged for but I do know that as soon as trial is over, whatever the verdict I can sleep easier knowing that I finally made it out, I finally found the courage.

i know they're short.. sorry. Trials soon, what are you guys thinking about Addie and Liam?