[Chapter Twenty-One] Addie

Well, she was precious like a flower
                She grew wild, wild but innocent
      A perfect prayer in a desperate hour
   She was everything beautiful and different

        Stupid boy, you can't fence that in
             Stupid boy, it's like holdin' back the wind

     She laid her heart and soul right in your hands
          And you stole her every dream
                          and you crushed her plans

              She never even knew she had a choice
                          and that's what happens

                  When the only voice she hears
                           is telling her she can't

                            Stupid boy, stupid boy

    So what made you think you could take a life
                   And just push it, push it around?
             I guess to build yourself up so high
            You had to take her and break her down

                            Keith Urban - Stupid Boy 

Chapter Twenty-One Addie

He was gone, he left three days before I was and I guess that saved me from explaining where I was going. News of the trial would break soon and I'm just glad that I'll be gone a week before it starts so hopefully I don't have to bare it.

I missed him so much and these were the says I needed him the most. Asher slept with me at night because I was quietest with him and Keisha would whimper and sleep beside me on the other side.

There's been no news on it yet, they're keeping it all hushed up, I suppose so it doesn't ruin their reputation, this is my parents we're talking about.

I had two more finals, music and law and I wasn't looking forward to either of them. I knew very well about my law class but it made me nervous and I would be playing piano and singing in front of my music class, something I wasn't looking forward to.

I chose Keith Urban's stupid boy to play and only Kalila really understood the meaning behind it and when I stepped into music class I groaned and buried my face in my hands. I was emotional and I wished that this was the only thing I had to worry about right now.

I got up in front of the class and sat at the piano, I was best at piano and wished it was the only thing I had to do, I wish I didn't have to sing it too. Kalila gave me a big smile and I my friends all tried to cheer me on but I was nervous.

I closed my eyes and started playing the intro before I let the words slip from my mouth and this song was an emotional one for me. How he stole my innocence, how I gave everything to him for him to take advantage of me and he made me feel like I had no choice in my own life, he controlled me and he broke me.

I started off with the lyrics but when I got to the part right before the chorus the second time I changed the words to my point of view, how I laid my heart and soul in his hands, how he crushed me and  took away my choices and I finished off the song

"It took a while for her to figure out she could run but when she did she was long gone, long gone." Were the last words I sang and Kalila smiled at me and I felt a new weight lifted off my chest as I did that. People clapped and I went to sit down.