Seven - We Are All A Bunch Of Liars

My head shot towards the door and I saw Mikey stood there. He leaned against the doorframe, folding his arms and smirking, and he looked at Gerard, who had moved back as far away from me as he could in so little time.

"Bert's looking for you." He said, and Gerard rolled his eyes, getting to his feet.

"Where is he?"

"In the parking lot."

Gerard groaned. "Make sure he doesn't run off anywhere." He said to Mikey, about me. Mikey nodded, as his brother brushed past him and left the room.

"Have you been fucking my brother?" The music teacher asked, coming into the room and closing the door.

I spluttered, gaping at him. "No!" I cried. "No, I haven't!"

"I wouldn't mind if you had, y'know." He sat on Gerard's desk, his long legs reaching the floor. "Okay, it would be a little weird -"

"I'm not fucking your brother."

Yet.

Mikey paused. "Gerard talks about you a lot."

My eyebrows rose. "What do you mean? Have you had conversations about me?"

"In a manner of speaking." He folded his arms. "He's called me for the past few nights and spent hours either complaining about you or gushing about you."

"Gushes about me?" My eyes widened.

He pursed his thin lips, thinking. "Okay, maybe not gushing. Probably something along the lines of 'everything I'm feeling right now is wrong but I don't want it to stop'. That make more sense?"

I licked my lips. "I guess." My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I pulled it out to see a text from Gerard.

Gee: Tell Mikey to let you go, I'll text you when I'm finished with Bert and you can come over if you want x

I rolled my eyes but didn't reply, shoving my phone back in my pocket. "Gerard says I can go." His eyebrows rose skeptically. "I'll show you the text, if you want."

He shook his head, standing up. "No, it's okay, I trust your judgement. I'm not even going to ask why you have his number, though." I waggled my eyebrows at him and he grimaced, muttering, "Gross."

I just laughed, picking up my bag. "See ya next week, Sir." I said, and he gave me a nod before I left.

I didn't go home. I didn't even go to the cemetery. I didn't know where I was going, but it wasn't anywhere I knew. Stopping halfway down the road, I lit a cigarette, breathing in the nicotine and the taste of tobacco. I wondered what smoking with Gerard would be like. I wondered what sharing a cigarette with Gerard would be like. Maybe it wouldn't be much different to smoking alone. Thinking about it, it probably wouldn't be.

It started to rain, but I paid no mind to it, pulling a hoodie from my bag and slipping it over my head. It was black, it was baggy, it was perfect. It was also warm, which made me want someone to hold me, but of course, that would never happen.

Sometimes I wondered whether the don't-give-a-fuck attitude was worth it. I mean, it was better than being the miserable little asshole I was on the inside, but maybe it just repelled people. The harder I thought, the harder it seemed to rain, until I had to take shelter under a nearby tree so as to not get completely soaked through. I didn't know how much time had passed, but by the time I was onto my third cigarette (unhealthy, I know, but I hadn't eaten today either, so...), my phone began to ring. I pulled it from my pocket, tapping ash onto the ground as I looked at the caller I.D. Gerard.