Thirty-eight - Bulletproof Heart

"I told you, this is useless." I sighed, flopping onto the couch. "You'd be better off trying to teach that Mark Hoppus guy - or better yet, a third-grader."

Brendon threw a cushion at me, which I caught and threw straight back, missing completely and hitting Ryan instead. "You're doing good, don't give up now." The taller boy said, and I scoffed.

"I'm not doing good. What was it you said on Friday? 'You dance like you've got something stuck up your ass' - that means I'm doing shit."

"You've been practising for, like, two days. You're not gonna become freaking...Marius Napoleno the third in two days."

I snorted laughter. "Marius Napoleno the third? Who the fuck is he?"

"I don't know, some awesome dancer dude that I just made up." Brendon shrugged, and Ryan looked at him as if he'd just announced that he was fluent in Japanese without telling anyone.

"Sometimes I really wonder what goes on in that head of yours, Brendon Urie." He said, tapping his boyfriend's forehead.

Brendon simply wrapped his arms around Ryan's waist and nuzzled his nose against the other boy's. "Only you, baby."

"Explains a lot." I muttered, running a hand through my hair. "Right, c'mon you two, before I go to the kitchen and devour the chocolate cake that's meant for your dinner tonight."

It was a lie, and they both knew it, but they pulled away anyway, and Brendon yanked me to my feet. I glared at him but he just twirled me around like I was some princess, pushing me towards Ryan.

"I hate you both." I grumbled, as Ryan placed both of his hands on my waist, Brendon making me put mine on Ryan's shoulders. "I really hate you both."

"These are the moves that are gonna get you laid, my friend." Brendon said, folding his arms as Ryan stepped back, leading me around the room.

"I can get laid without dance moves, thank you very much." I kept my eyes on Ryan's forehead. "All I have to do is look at him and I get it."

"Well that's quite slutty."

"I'm allowed to have sex with my boyfriend if I want to, and you're allowed to have sex with yours. So shut your mouth before I start making out with Ryan."

"Excuse you?" Ryan said, his eyebrows rising, and I shrugged.

It was easier to dance with Ryan than Brendon, because he was more graceful, and he did things smoother and not as forceful as Brendon. Not to say that Brendon wasn't a good dancer, because he was, but somehow I was able to pick things up easier when I was with Ryan.

It just showed how much trust those two had in each other; I wouldn't ever do anything to try and break them apart, but dancing was quite an intimate thing - especially to them - and letting me dance with either of them had to be a big deal. I felt honored, in a way.

Brendon went into the kitchen to get drinks, and Ryan and I stopped dancing. I ran a hand through my hair, grimacing as I found it sweaty.

"You're gonna need a shower tonight." He said.

"Oh, Gerard!" Brendon called from the kitchen, and Ryan burst out laughing.

"Fuck off; I don't jerk off in the shower."

"Nah, you jerk off in the bedroom." Brendon returned, holding three cans of soda. "And end up coming all over his face, no doubt."