Twenty - Thank You For The Venom

"No."

Ryan pouted. "Oh, but Frank! You have to!" He turned to Brendon. "Doesn't he?" Brendon just shrugged, a light smirk on his face, and Ryan huffed. "You're coming, whether you like it or not."

I glanced at the poster, big and scary and demanding, on the wall. It declared that there was to be some sort of winter dance on the last day of term, and the very thought made me want to throw up. I don't dance. Never have, never will.

"I've never been to one of these things, and -"

"Now's your chance!" Ryan interrupted.

"- I don't plan to start."

"Why? What's so bad about it?"

My eyebrows rose. "What's so good about it? It's just preppy bitches wearing next-to-nothing with orange faces dancing with horndog jocks while those of us who like decent music sit in the fucking corner like losers."

"Language, Iero." A familiar voice said, and I looked around to see Gerard walking past, smirking a little.

I flipped off his back and turned back to Ryan and Brendon. "I am not going."

The bell rang, and Ryan just gave me a smug smile. "Sure you're not."

With that, he dragged Brendon away, leaving me standing disgustedly by the poster. I was still there when Gerard came back, and he approached me, folding his arms.

"Shouldn't you be heading to class?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"Probably."

He rolled his eyes and glanced at the poster, his cute nose scrunching up in distaste. I wanted to prod his nose and make him smile, but that would be more than a little weird to everyone else around us.

"Great. Belleville's attempt at seeming like a decent school comes around once again." He muttered.

"Are you going?" I asked, hoping for him to say that he wasn't; then maybe we could spend the night together or something.

"Unfortunately I have to." He sighed, and I groaned. He glanced around, seeing that the coast was clear, and quickly leaned in to my ear. "But maybe we can bunk off early and go back to mine." Footsteps were approaching from somewhere, so he stepped back. "Now get to class, don't make me have to tell you again."

I rolled my eyes, knowing that he'd gone into 'teacher-mode', and I stuck my tongue out at him, heading the opposite way to where my class actually was. There was no way I was going to class - I'd send Gerard distracting messages instead. In fact...

Me: Am I coming to yours after school babe?;) xoxo

"Frank Iero!"

I huffed, looking up from my phone. My biology teacher, whose name I'd never cared to remember, was walking towards me.

"Why aren't you in class?" She demanded, as I shoved my phone into my pocket.

"I'm going there now."

"What lesson do you have?"

I racked my brains to try and remember, and then plucked a subject out of thin air. "History."

Her eyebrows rose. "You're going the wrong way."

"I was taking the long route."

"Just go to your lesson, Frank."

She passed by me and I continued walking the wrong way to my imaginary history lesson. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out, making my way out of the school.