Twenty-four - They Don't Believe In Us

"What are you two doing?" I frowned.

Brendon and Ryan were sat together on Brendon's couch, Ryan's laptop on his boyfriend's lap. "Nothing." The two said in unison, and I took a second to wonder whether they should actually be together or not - they were too alike for their own good.

"This one?" Ryan said to Brendon, who nodded and looked at me.

"How tall are you?" He asked.

I frowned, about to sit down in the armchair. It was moments like these when I wondered just why I chose to spend time with those two, and those two alone. It wasn't because I turned into the world's biggest third-wheeler - though they didn't really kiss all that much with others around - and it wasn't because they were assholes. It was probably because I genuinely enjoyed their company - which was a foreign concept to me, because I didn't like people.

"I dunno, five feet four?" I shrugged. "Why?"

Ryan narrowed his eyes at me before glancing at the screen. "Oh my God!" He pointed at something. "Definitely that."

"Yeah?" Brendon looked at Ryan, who nodded.

"Seriously, what the hell are you two doing?" I asked, sitting in the armchair. Being at Brendon's after school on a Thursday afternoon probably wasn't the best idea, but it was better than nothing - considering my mom wanted to talk to me, being here was preferable, seeing as Gerard was busy tonight.

"Watching porn." Brendon said smoothly, clicking on something.

"And asking my height has any relation to that at all because...?"

"Brendon wants to watch a short guy get fucked by a taller guy." Ryan quipped.

"His teacher." Brendon added, and I choked on the soda I was drinking. He did not just - "Preferably his art teacher." Yes he did.

Is stabbing someone in the balls illegal, or...?

I stood. "Well if you're going to be watching weird porn, I'm going to raid your cupboards." It was a lie - I was going to make coffee - but if there was something I fancied, I'd take it.

"Go for it!" He called, and when I entered the kitchen, I checked my phone for messages. There was one from Gerard, so I stopped what I was doing to read it.

Gee: We're going away for the weekend, pack some stuff and I'll pick you up Saturday morning around the corner from your house - where I usually drop you off. I'll confirm it with you tomorrow, but about nine-ish, giving us plenty of time. Oh, and I bought you something xoxo

I nodded to myself in approval of going away at the weekend, and then read the second part of the text. What on Earth had he bought me now?

Me: Do I want to know what you've bought? xoxo

I reached up into the cupboards to see if there was anything worth stealing, and Ryan's voice behind me made me jump.

"Why are there bruises on your hips?"

After the initial shock of him creeping up on me like the little fucker he was, I placed my feet flat on the ground and lifted my shirt a little, forgetting about the various bruises and hickeys on my hips. I tried to hide them, backing away from Ryan, who cornered me and peered closer at my skin.

"Wait a sec...how did they get -" he cut himself off, straightening up and looking at me. "Who gave you hickeys?"

"Uh..."