Twenty-seven - Like It Was Yesterday

I waited until everyone had left the classroom before going over to the door and locking it. Gerard glanced up from whatever he was doing, his tired eyes landing on me and watching me walk towards him.

"Aw, baby," I said, brushing his hair from his face. "you don't look well."

"I'll be fine. Just got a headache, is all." He attempted a smile, but he still looked ill.

I pressed a kiss to his forehead, finding a clear space on his desk and sitting on it. "You're burning up. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, I promise."

"You should still go home, anyway. I can come over after school and tuck you into bed and all that." He laughed, but it turned into a coughing fit. Once he'd finished coughing, I ran the backs of my fingers over his flushed cheek. "Please, Gee? For me?"

"Okay, okay, I'll go home. I do feel kinda sick anyway."

He stood up, and I kissed his cheek, despite him protesting that I'd get sick too. "Hey, shut up - I'm gonna be getting into bed with you later, so I'll get sick anyway."

He shook his head in amusement and began packing up his things. "Go on, sugar. Your friends will be wondering where you are. Come over later, okay?"

I nodded and he kissed me quickly, dismissing me with a wave of his hand. I rolled my eyes, picking up my bag and heading towards the door, calling a 'bye, Mr Way!' on the way out.

As predicted, Brendon was waiting for me, Patrick obviously elsewhere. He linked arms with me and we walked down the corridor together.

"So how is he?" He asked, nudging me suggestively.

I elbowed him back harshly. "He's not feeling too good, so I told him to go home."

"Oh, are you going there after school?" I nodded, and he smirked evilly. "Are you gonna dress up in one of those slutty nurse uniforms? Are you gonna put a thermometer in his mouth, but the thermometer's your - ow! Stop! Your elbows are really pointy!"

"Well it wouldn't hurt if I had pudgy elbows, would it?"

"Yeah, but..." He rubbed his side, wincing. "You're a bitch."

I smiled. "I know."

We went to the cafeteria, and found Ryan, Pete and Patrick. It was weird without Ray. Music was, well, dull. I mean, Pete was still there, but Ray was the one who got Pete and I actually working. I missed spotting his 'fro in the corridors, and having his easy chatter in the cafeteria. He was someone to talk to when Brendon and Ryan were doing whatever, and when Pete and Patrick were bickering like an old married couple.

There was some kind of pasta thing that Gerard had made me bring to school today, but it had found its way to the bottom of my bag. That meant that I had to take various items from my bag and place them on the table, despite how disgusting the surface was.

"Ooh, what's this?" Brendon said from beside me, and I looked up to see the nosy shit pick up a brown envelope.

My eyes widened. If he so much as opened that envelope, let's just say that Ryan would have to find something else to put in his ass. "Brendon, give that to me." I demanded.

"Why?" He smirked. "What's in it?"

The other three had tuned in on us, and I felt my face begin to flame with what I knew would be a furious blush. "I can't say. Just please give it to me." His fingers went to open it. "Brendon!" I hissed.