Fourteen - 'Cause I Miss You

[WARNING: they gon' do the frickle frackle! There's gonna be sex, basically, so skip if you wanna - though idk why I'm putting a warning, most of you will bloody read it anyway;) enjoy! -xocharr]

"Remind me again why I'm here?" I grumbled to Ryan, who chuckled.

"When it's something like this, you're not allowed to say no to Brendon." He said, accepting a beer from Joe Trohman. He passed me one too, as I rolled my eyes. "Isn't your friend Bob coming?" He nudged me, and I shrugged.

"Apparently so."

Brendon slipped an arm around his boyfriend's waist then, dragging him away. I was left with the kitchen, and a group of people I'd never seen before in my life. Making my way through the house towards the front room, I spotted Hayley's bright orange hair (which the school despised), dancing with Ray's afro, the heavy thud of drums and loud rock music hitting me in the face. There were people everywhere; Joe, Andy and Patrick in the corner, Patrick glaring at Pete, who was flirting with Billie Joe. Tré flitted between people, bright and cheery, telling them where food and alcohol was (at least, that's what I assumed he was saying - he could've been telling people how to cook meth for all I knew). Brendon and Ryan were elsewhere, and I saw Jamia somewhere too.

There was an empty armchair in the corner so I made a beeline for it, curling up in it before someone else did. I would've preferred to have hidden upstairs or something, but between pissing everyone off and dry-humping Ryan on one of the couches, Brendon would've gone on the warpath to find me. And then drag me downstairs. And then maybe he would've gotten me drunk or something. And I would've woken up tomorrow morning with a hangover and a stranger in my bed.

No, thanks.

Within the hour, my phone was vibrating in my pocket. I hadn't even finished my first beer, that was how party-hard I was feeling. I'd skipped school again today, and had wanted to change my mind about coming to this damn party. But Brendon being Brendon...

I pulled my phone from my pocket, my heart skipping when I saw Gerard's name. I hadn't spoken to him since he told me that he and Bert were still going, and he hadn't gotten hold of me - I was kinda worried to see what he'd texted me. It made my stomach drop in anticipation. I was almost frightened.

Gee: Are you at home?

I breathed a sigh of relief, seeing that it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I swallowed though, setting my beer bottle between my thigh and the arm of the chair. Tapping my fingers against my chin, I debated whether to reply or not. To reply would probably mean me sinking deeper than before. To not reply would make me seem like an asshole. I didn't want to seem like an asshole, because, well, I wasn't an asshole...much.

To reply or not to reply, that was the question.

Everyone around me was having fun. They weren't crushing on their engaged teachers, they weren't worrying about anything, they weren't nervous, or shy, or reluctant. I was all of those things, and my lack of self-adequacy was crushing me. I wanted to get out, but had no excuse to leave.

Me: I'm at a party, why?

I glanced around and spotted Pete and Patrick were talking together in the corner, unnoticed by everyone except me. As I watched, Pete tilted Patrick's face up, and kissed him softly. I smiled. Those two were good together, even though Pete was a little bit of a whore.

The smile on Patrick's face after that seemed like it was impossible to wipe off. For the next couple of minutes, while I waited for Gerard to reply, I looked at Patrick, whose cheeks were flushed and smile was bigger than any other. Pete chuckled, kissing him again, and even though I shouldn't have been watching, I did. It was such a sweet moment, and I was happy that they were finally making a move to get together.